social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and please don´t pin my work on pinterest. thanks for respecting that.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

three-muses-challenge: turquoise and lime green

... are the colors of my spray painted background (a scanned page of my braille journal).
i blended in the photo of a magnolia stellata. various brushes (all self made) added.

Monday, April 14, 2014

take-a-word: birds

about 5 weeks ago i treated myself with an online "photoshop artistry course". it will be 60 videos to work through, but i can do it at my pace. it is by instructor sebastian michaels and i LOVE it!
here i´m exercising with the gradient layer: smoothly blending the compass to fade to the right.
again a lot of selfmade brushes involved. i love the "stamping" on the background with numbers. gives it quite some texture, i think.
background again spray painted and scanned. bird by deviantart.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

SPA: still life

the sign on the upper right is the coat of arms of granada/andalusia.
the pomegranate is a very old symbol for various aspects as fruitfulness or prosperity.
it is found on many old paintings and still lifes over the centuries.
mine is not painted, but photographed and layered with spray painted background.

Friday, April 11, 2014

MiFoC April {Woche 2 - Steine}

kürzlich musste ich bei manuelas fotochallenge passen...
ich hatte nichts zum thema füße.
gestern nun war ich unterwegs mit dem blick immer richtung boden auf der suche nach einem stein, einer steinmauer oder ähnlichem für die aktuelle herausforderung. und ich musste gar nicht lange suchen, da war plötzlich dieser "fußabdruck"... ich dachte ich seh nicht recht. (hab mich nicht getraut, ihn näher zu untersuchen, da noch mehr leute unterwegs waren und ich mir doof vorgekommen wäre;)) ich bin diesen weg schon oft gegangen, aber nie ist er mir aufgefallen. kann man wieder sehen, wie diese herausforderung das auge schult.
die umgebung hab ich mit einer textur (2 lil owls_revelry) noch leicht nachgedunkelt, damit sich der fuß besser abhebt.
nachmittags war ich dann in münchen zu unserem monatlichen stempeltreff.
in der stadt gibts natürlich toll behauenen stein zuhauf, z. b. hier am rathaus
 und am alten peter:

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

three-muses-challenge: transportation

i found this old train in my stash and ended up adding a background (tfs_on the grid), a postal stamp (internet) and 5 selfmade brushes. well, mail art style, as so often;) i love working mail art style and i hope you are not too bored by this. 
and i LOVE making brushes!!!

Monday, April 07, 2014

take-a-word: music

it was really time to work on in my braille journal...
for this theme i chose jimi hendrix´ song "bleeding heart"

and that is how i made it:
 first i wrote excerpts of the lyrics with neocolor II on my spray painted background. then i took the (icicle) stencil from creative expressions to dap on "blood". stamped alpha (heindesign) and shadowed it with a white molotow acrylic pen.

love the bleeding heart flower and used some of my collected postal stamps here. 
for the flaming heart i photographed one of my ex votos and treated it a bit in photoshop. it printed out more vivid than i had planned (had to do it in the photo lab, as my printer refuses to print colors at the moment...). wrapped baker´s twine around the cut out heart.
last addition: some tapes.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

black windows of paint...

... is a line in nirvana´s paper cuts song

SPA theme on sunday: windows

Wednesday, April 02, 2014


theme this week is: "take an old black and white photo and place it in or surrounded with color"

 first i took an old photo and gave it a framing texture overlay (free from flickr);
elements (2 merged backgrounds, alpha and buttons) are from the sbg set natali design_enjoy the journey
"travelling northern europe" is my own writing (scanned and transformed into a brush)

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

MiFoC April {Woche 1 - Knospe}

ich habe sämtlichen versuchen der photomanipulation widerstanden, das bild ist also "sooc" (straight out of the camera), auch unbeschnitten.
nur der anais-nin-spruch musste irgendwie mit drauf, es ließ mir keine ruhe. ich hab ihn immer im hinterkopf, wenn ich knospen sehe.
das ist der aktuelle beitrag für manuelas fotoherausforderung,
und zu sehen ist hier eine ahornknospe.

Monday, March 31, 2014

take-a-word: stars

a star. really.

background spray painted and scanned. 
star brushes freebies from the internet. 
bowie photo googled.