social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TT - "open"

kim asked for this texture tuesday to think around the word "open"... i googled for quotes and found this one: "the only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open" - i edited it kim´s texture "autumn burst" (blending mode overlay) and twice nancy donaldson´s texture "pole3" (at soft light). brush at the bottom right is selfmade...

19 comments:

  1. Traumhaft schön Johanna.
    Gefällt mir sehr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote so much that I feel the need to share it with a friend of mine. It is perfect.

    Love your photograph and texture work, Johanna. Super beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wunderschönes Bild! Und das Zitat berührt mich enorm. Danke!
    Alles Liebe,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this artwork you've created, it's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the contrasting colors of your image. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love this image and the quote you used -- also how your brush mirrors the perforations on Kim's texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely textured art and I like the saying, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great interpretation, fantastic photo and rendering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!! Love the texture and colors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this - such a beautiful subject, great capture and a wonderful edit... I really like that quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quote is perfect and so is your edit, love the contrast of blue and red.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a wonderful quote! love the photo processing, so pretty and fitting.

    p.s. verification word is 'terugg', which means 'come back' in Dutch, how did it know it was a while ago I visited your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice. I like Nancy's textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous colors!

    came via texture tuesday link-up.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber