social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Sunday, May 13, 2012

peacock

the same question every season;)
the challenge at "take a word" this week is peacock...
(i always thought white peacocks are albinos, but there is another pigment reduction called leucism... so don´t say these challenges are not improving my knowledge;))
peacock photo found via google (downloadable wallpaper from national geographic), credits for grungy frame go to jerry jones from shadowhouse creations plus i used the if only texture from kim klassen - thank you!
font: grantham

27 comments:

  1. Absolut beeindruckend Johanna.
    Wunderschööön. *schwärm*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! It painted a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever piece - I love that white peacock and I have learned too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative & clever take on the theme, Johanna, love the white peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and a wonderful peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ein Albino Pfau auf Farbsuche, was für eine tolle Idee! Tolle Wirkung.
    Wünsch Dir eine schöne Woche,
    lG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful piece and thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever and pretty, Johanna! :)
    Have a lovely Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous white peacock and clever quote! Beautiful work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bird! And the quote made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the visit, Johanna :)
    I think the rusty scrapbook-element was part of this set:
    http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=339 (not sure coz I am not at home right now). Every now and then there are freebies at the blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again ;) You might want to have a look at:
    http://www.craftcrave.com/
    It advertise daily free scrapbook-items. You never know, you might find something you like. :)
    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the information, and interesting card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this clever and creative piece- beautiful imagery and quote!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have educated me, Johanna. I thought they were albinos, too. Anyway, your peacock art is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wie cool ist das denn ?! Eine megageniale Idee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why choose if you can have all of them? I have learnt a lot with all you guys... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am learning a lot, too, Johanna. I had never heard of white peacocks. Your artpiece is exquisite and also witty. I love the idea of asking yourself the question as to what colours should be used. Wonderful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, very creative texture tueday shot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your leucist peacock, Johanna. I learn something every day blog hopping the challenges! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful. Been away from Blogging for awhile; trying to catch up. I've missed your art!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the senti9ment, the white bird, the colours. I love all of it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber