social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and please don´t pin my work on pinterest. thanks for respecting that.


Monday, October 22, 2012

take-a-word: roses

one of my favorite grateful dead songs:
Annie laid her head down in the roses.
She had ribbons, ribbons, ribbons, in her long brown hair.
I don't know, maybe it was the roses,
All I know I could not leave her there.

I don't know, it must have been the roses,
The roses or the ribbons in her long brown hair.
I don't know, maybe it was the roses,
All I know I could not leave her there.

Ten years the waves roll the ships home from the sea,
Thinkin' well how it may blow in all good company,
If I tell another what your own lips told to me,
Let me lay 'neath the roses, till my eyes no longer see.

I don't know, it must have been the roses,
The roses or the ribbons in her long brown hair.
I don't know, maybe it was the roses,
All I know I could not leave her there.

One pane of glass in the window,
No one is complaining, no, come in and shut the door,
Faded is the crimson from the ribbons that she wore,
And it's strange how no one comes round any more.

I don't know, it must have been the roses,
The roses or the ribbons in her long brown hair.
I don't know, maybe it was the roses,
All I know I could not leave her there.

Annie laid her head down in the roses.
She had ribbons, ribbons, ribbons, in her long brown hair.
I don't know, maybe it was the roses,
All I know I could not leave her there.

17 comments:

Sandy said...

Was für eine tolle Collage und mal wieder super umgesetzt. Gefällt mir total.

Ozstuff said...

What a wonderful poem. It is a little sad but I really enjoyed reading it. Your Halloween flavoured skeleton made me smile. I think you are one of the few people who could make something beautiful and creepy at the same time!! Great artwork as always.

Karin said...

Its gorgeous, love it!!

Junibears said...

Wonderful! Wonderful! xx

Lizbethem said...

A sad poem but stunning art! I love it!xx

Gabi MeWi said...

Was für eine heisse Rosenbraut...

indybev said...

The art is riveting, and the poem so sad. Thank you for sharing with us, Johanna!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Ein super Werk, das Motiv ist total klasse.

Judy said...

This is a different take on the roses theme, Johanna, love it, perfect for Halloween season!

louciao said...

What a great and original take on the word "roses"! Love the image, and how it illustrates the song.

Rein said...

Was für eine Idde!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

"I break together"*gg* Sowohl das Gedicht wie die Umsetzung sind mal wieder richtig Klasse. Ich hatte so gar keinen Einfall zu dem Thema und sah mich mit vielen in duftig romantischen Rosenwolken ertrinken:-( Aber Deine Umsetzung zaubert mir ein Grinsen ins Gesicht, danke für die tolle Idee!
LG Anja

Anni - Fabric and Mixed Media Art said...

Fantastic and also a little scary piece, and a great but sad poem.
Anni

Kaylene said...

WEll done, cheers

Christine said...

Great fun piece for a lovely song.

Jackie said...

Oh my, this is so imaginative and creative, if a little scary! Such wonderful work. A great illustration of the song.

Sim said...

Hahaha! J'adore! :)