social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Sunday, April 07, 2013

take-a-word: botanical

i´m just back from 5 days in amsterdam - it was a really wonderful trip and the weather was sunny, but the wind was awefully chilly. we felt as wimps, as the amsterdam people sat out in front of the cafés, but we had woolen caps on and were shivering and quivering. anyway, good tourist weather to check out the museums and cafés - and not so overcrowded like it will probably be in summer.
now i will have to deal with the photos for a while to make a photobook... but when i saw the new theme for take-a-word i thought i could at least show some pics... too cold (as in the rest of europe in this long cold winter without spring) for flowers to bloom already, but we were in the botanical garden - photos above. the first photos i took were so misty, until i realized it was the high humidity that fogged up my lens...
and of course, there are flower bulbs to buy everywhere, here on a big market along of a canal.

18 comments:

  1. zauberhaft .. super dass es trotz nicht ganz so frühlingshaften Temperaturen doch so schön war!
    Freu ich mich mit Dir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke für die schönen Fotos,und Deine Beschreibung hört sich nach einem tollen Ausflug an.
    LG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. The misty, foggy look is lovely. Nice respite for you! Good luck with your photo books. Should help keep your mind off the ongoing chilly weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Johanna, what a wonderful holiday you must have had - except for the cold of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a lovely holiday! Great photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good holiday except for the cold, I wonder why the Amsterdam people did not feel the cold. I like your photographs, something a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a grand vacation,except for the cold, of course. I love these pix of light filtering through leaves.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, my friend, for a glimpse of spring. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is late in my world too, but seems finally to have arrived. I sat on my deck for a couple of hours yesterday soaking up warm sunshine, fresh air and birdsong. It was glorious! Your trip to Amsterdam sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo's, spring is very late in the UK too so I will look at your tropical palm and think of warm weather again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos. I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was für schöne Fotos. Klasse, dass dir Amsterdam gefallen hat.... Du bist ja ganz in der Nähe von Zeist gewesen, da hätte sich doch glatt ein Abstecher gelohnt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your photos of the botanical garden. They are beautiful, Johanna.We keep getting glimpses of spring, but nothing lasting as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a lovely holiday, Johanna! :)
    Have fun working at the photobook.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sehr schöne Fotos! So langsam wird's nun ja doch was mit dem Frühling. Jedenfalls hoffe ich, daß er bei Euch ankommt!
    Alles Liebe, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a great time ... and good you came prepared with proper clothing ... everything is relative isn't it ;)

    This time of year I take so many photos of things blooming that my camera battery has gone dead twice ... what would we do without digital cameras!

    Hope by now Spring has sprung in Germany
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber