social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, July 10, 2013

three-muses-challenge: mirror, mirror...


the mirror always was a symbol of vanitas and memento mori.
i took a background (free from flickr), googled the picture, taped (>holliewood, deviantscrap) it on,
added a summer border (>pinklotty, deviantscrap) and stamped it with brushes.
vanitas definition scanned from an old french dictionary.

9 comments:

  1. Another beautiful work of art, Johanna! Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An eerie "take" on this week's challenge, as always, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Na, über diesen Kerl müssen wir ja gar nicht erst sprechen..., einfach genial!
    Liebe Grüße
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanitas, vanitas...
    Your piece directly bump into my heart Johanna!
    I'm fan! Mille bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever, interesting and thought-provoking piece, Johanna. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and slightly unsettling at the same time, Johanna. A very original and wonderful take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deine fantasievollen Ideen gehen Dir nie aus, das ist Klasse!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber