social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Saturday, August 31, 2013

time machine

actually this has been a scheduled post for august 21th. -  due to a blogger glitch (ARGHHH!!) it was not published.
i have been in hospital for 11 days - and it was a rough time dealing with a hard diagnosis. but: everything will come to a good end, as it looks...
thank you so much for your healing thoughts and wishes. i can´t tell you how much it means to me!!!
bear with me, if i can´t answer each one individually. i´m still weak, but on the mend!

art will surely be (as it ever was) a therapeutic factor for me. and i hope i will have much time for it the next months (after desastrous long expected vacations).
i´m happy to have you here, my visitors!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

did i ever mention that sometimes it is hard to work on these braille pages, because i like the backgrounds themselves so much?
but then, what´s the sense of  a book with backgrounds only?;)
for the "steampunk"-challenge at the three muses i decided to go with a song title from the scottish rockband beggars opera,
whose biggest hit was time machine in the early seventies. great song!

phrases from the song are:  Inside my time machine, where we can dream; Away from the world and all it scares...
details:
title stamped with alpha from heindesign
background stamping:


clock-die from tim holtz,
 paper images from rebecca mcmeen at scrapbookgraphics.





12 comments:

  1. So nice to see you back, Johanna, and best wishes for a very swift recovery. I do like your time machine, it's very clever indeed. II know what you mean about background pages, my art journals all have pages which are too nice to do anything on, so I go to the next page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deine Zeitmaschinen Doppelseite ist richtig toll!
    Ich wünsche Dir viel Kraft für Deine Genesung liebe Johanna!
    sei lieb gegrüßt von
    SusI

    ReplyDelete
  3. best wishes for a speedy recovery Johanna! I 'get it' what you say about backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you have been in the hospital, Johanna. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    Your time machine is fabulous, beautifully planned and executed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ein supertolles Steampunkwerk, Johanna.

    Es tut mir Leid, dass Du krank bist. Ich wünsche Dir gute Besserung.

    Liebe Grüße
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was für fantastische Seiten! So viele Details mal wieder und diese Drähte mit einzuarbeiten finde ich so genial!
    Alles Liebe,Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schön, dass du wieder zuhause und auf dem Weg der Besserung bist :) Ich drücke dir weiterhin die Daumen. Deine Seiten sind mal wieder total klasse geworden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, was für eine tolle Doppelseite, ich bin total begeistert.
    Liebe Grüße Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery, Johanna. Your time machine was worth the wait .. and I love that it was inspired by a piece of music.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Time pages are super and extra meaningful now that I am learning you were in hospital dear Johanna!
    Very sorry you're having a tough time...
    I know what you mean about covering up good backgrounds too ;)
    Take good care
    I am sending prayers and healing energy your way for the very best outcome ...
    no worries about answering at all just rest and play when you can!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful page. You have been busy whilst I've been away!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber