social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Sunday, September 08, 2013

take-a-word: childhood

as i´m going with lyrics in my braille journal,
the current take-a-word challenge immediately brought to my mind
eric burdon´s "when i was young".
another song i always loved, but makes me sentimental easily...

i made three strips of me - baby age, at 10 years and i suppose at about my early 30ies (well, not childhood any more, but definitely young...)
text created with elements from scrapbookgraphics.
background spreckled with diluted gesso, stamped with foam cut with tim holtz/sizzix dies.
handwriting with molotow pens (parts of the song).

well, i shouldn´t have chosen the photo of my early thirties...
now i AM sentimental and will avoid the mirror the next weeks... 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful art, Johanna, how nice to see your earlier photographs, you've made lovely pages from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are lovely Johanna, and it is so good to celebrate life. I decided there is no point worrying about getting older - I can't do anything about it!
    Thanks for visiting, and hope things become on a more even keel for you soon. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. das ist ja ne speziell tolle Erinnerungsdoppelseite geworden!
    Hammer!
    tolle Idee und die Ausführung mal wieder extrem gelungen!

    Ich hoffe es geht Dir schon besser liebe Johanna!

    lg Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, so detailed and textured:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to make the pages of the own youth photos. I really love your fine pages, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are always wonderful my dear but these especially so with your own photographs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was für eine wunderschöne Doppelseite. Ich finde die Idee mit den Fotostreifen total klasse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toll gemacht mit den Fotostrips, schöne Erinnerungseiten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the glimpses of you through the years, Johanna, and the artful way you presented them. Thanks for sharing. I hope your recovery is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 30 is absolutely young! I love the process you have used to create these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pages are always a perfection dear Johanna!
    Those with your own photos is really touching!
    Thank you for sharing your memories and your huge talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots to Love with your pages Johanna...
    WHERE does the time go eh!
    Love your photo film strips = very cool!!! Wondering how you did that?
    You know there is a "childhood" theme at Dawn's Journal Journey's (link on my latest post) and your pages would fit perfectly for that monthly challenge as well!
    I clicked over to YouTube and am listening to Eric B now...
    thank you for the blast from the past...
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love where your inspiration took you on this one, Johanna, it's a celebration of the first part of your life .. and it's a lovely piece for the family album too.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber