social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, September 18, 2013

three-muses-challenge: music

anything that has to do with music... in my case: music sheets



when i was at the sewing retreat a few weeks ago, i started creating "stuff collecting journals".
i take a-4 cardboard and fold it to form a spread with a flap on one side.
the spread is covered with fabric (old shirts), on the top of the flaps here i glued on tinted music sheets.
the pages will also have pockets etc for holding cards, tags...
i embellished them with photos (ebay), tapes, stamps...
on the back of the spreads i will glue on paper (with more pockets to hold stuff), and i will sew the spreads into a fabric cover.

13 comments:

  1. You always have the most fascinating art projects, Johanna, these Music pieces are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous and visually mesmerizing..these pieces are colorful, magical and full of vibrant life! Magnificent art!
    Victria

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! You are so very creative Johanna! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouaouh! SUPER Johanna!
    Awesome collection of old photos "mise-en-scènes".
    Brillant colors and ideas! (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! You'll have a fantastic music altered book if you bind them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and colorful! You are so very creative, Johanna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vielen Dank für Deine lieben Kommentare bei mir, Johanna. Ich bin auch bei Dir gerne stöbern gekommen. Vor allem der Hinweis auf den "Nähkurs" hat mich neugierig gemacht. Art Journaling mit Stoff, das ist eine ganz neue Art der Anwendung. Ich bin gespannt, was Du daraus machst. Deine digitalen Bilder finde ich ganz außergewöhnlich! Du hast eine sehr stimmige Kombination von Farbe und Inhalt. Sehr inspirierend! Beim Stöbern fand ich Deinen Hinweis auf den Krankenhausaufenthalt. Ich hoffe, Dir geht es wieder gut und Du hast Dein Gleichgewicht wieder gefunden. Aber Du hast Recht. Künstlerische Betätigung hat einen heilenden Effekt. Daher wünsche ich Dir viel Zeit für Kreativität!
    Alles Liebe,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not being a mixed media artist myself, I am always in awe of the creative way in which your mind works, Johanna. What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have to promise to post photos of your "stuff collecting journal" when it's completed. I'm fascinated with the idea, and coupled with your talent it should be stupendous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've visited these wonderful works several times now, I think they are fabulous. Journalling with fabric - what a good idea and I like the pocket. I also like the way you have a column to the left or right. Yes, I like these very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOooo... I really like these. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber