social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Saturday, October 05, 2013

take-a-word: australia

this is a song for marie, our aussie challenge host.
i found the kookaburra in wikipedia, the children´s song is googled.

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
merry, merry king of the bush is he.
Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra,
gay your life must be.

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
eating all the gumdrops he can see.
Stop, Kookaburra, stop, Kookaburra,
leave some there for me!

16 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Love the song words! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite songs growing up...
    thank you for the ear worm Johanna ;)
    Lovely piece you created!
    Happy October weekend to you and yours
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Den Kookaburra habe ich schon in natura gesehen - toller Vogel!Und dein Design ist super...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wie schön! Jetzt wüsste ich nur gerne, wie die Melodie geht. Ich muss mal googlen gehen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you want to listen to the tune, it is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxzH8x-FDH0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Johanna, and a very suitable tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just perfect, Johanna, Marie will love your 'salute to Australia!'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your piece is lovely, Johanna, and quite nostalgic for me as I used to sing this song when I was young. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic piece Johanna! Love that Emu! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kookaburra image, Johanna, and the song lyrics as well. A long time ago Marie sent me a CD of Aussie songs. I must dig it out from wherever I packed it when I moved and see if this one is among them! Thanks for your loyal participation in our blog challenges, Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful piece you created Johanna, love the song.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber