social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Saturday, October 12, 2013

take-a-word: creepy

goin´ with mike oldfields shadow on the wall in this spread.

i made a stencil/mask from an enlarged photo of the movie nosferatu, 
the large danger sign is stamped with text from rubberbabybuggybumpers.
stencils from crafter´s workshop (diamonds and numbers),
frame stamping with a foam stamp cut from a tim holtz/sizzix die.
large alpha from heindesign.

this is one of the spreads where i think "should i add more?", but then i couldn´t imagine what and so i call it done (at least for the moment;))

22 comments:

  1. This is so artistically clever and creative! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's creepy as it is :) very cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich finde deine Ideen und deren Umsetzung echt klasse, Johanna. Alle Hochachtung!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creepy enough and less is often more... Well done, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ist ja schon etwas gruselig - aber klasse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hihi Deine langen Schattenfinger sind wirklich gruselig.
    Schöne neue Woche wünsch ich Dir,
    LG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool pages Johanna
    AND
    you definitely captured "Creepy"
    very well!!!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bad man on the stairs - yes, what could be scarier. Brilliant and so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know that saying, Johanna : 'less is more', well me thinks this is perfectly creepy enough as it is. Fantastic spread as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very atmospheric page, and I love that you made you own stencil, Johanna. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shadows on the wall can be very scary, your journal pages are fantastic Johanna.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think shadows are the creepiest things ever, Johanna, spooktacular journal pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Judy...shadows can be very creepy and you've made a wonderful creepy spread my dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is most certainly a creepy silhouette. I also enjoyed reading about your ingenious way of creating tools. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you've used the looming presence, Johanna. Very nice journal spread!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The shadow is so simple but says so much VERY CREEPY...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea using a photo of the movie Nosferatu, creepy indeed! :)
    Have a lovely Monday evening, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! I've never met a shadow yet I felt I could trust.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a perfect shadow, Johanna, and perfectly creepy!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber