social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, November 04, 2013

take-a-word: hearts

neil young´s song "heart of gold" for the take-a-word challenge this week...
the orange felt alpha is credited to   marie@freedigitalscrapbooking 
clipart anatomic heart printed on yellow background (cardstock), glued on forming a pocket;
tape stripes
before i could begin i eraser carved a heartbeat stamp:

 another thing to consider as a stencil: these old plastic doilies, which lay under the glass covered boards of our grandmas (a stamppal at our retreat had some, and they give great patterns!)

18 comments:

  1. Really creative and cool! The plastic doily makes a fantastic pattern! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johanna, your two pieces for our "heart" challenge are superb. (Love the felt alpha!!). Your blog is always a joy to visit. I'm sure we all throw away paper and plastic doilies(and other treasures) but to someone like you they mean ART!! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely original ideas for TAW's Heart challenge. Very inspiring, I must get moving on mine!
    The heartbeat is especially interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such beautiful work as always my dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unique piece, Johanna, love to see a different coloured heart instead of the normal red - great art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pieces are always so creative, Johanna! A real pleasure to view! :)
    Have a happy Novembrrrrrr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wunderbar! Ich mag all die Farben und Strukturen! Der Stempel ist selbst geschnitzt?! - so fein?!
    Alles Liebe, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool samples, Johanna.
    My woman in love on:
    http://korttipaikka.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, Johanna. I love your heart of gold ... and the doily stencil tip is a good one (also the paper ones you can buy).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to have a heart pf gold, Johanna. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your heart work and your doilies...just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Johanna,deine seite ist richtig klasse und gefällt mir total gut,auch die idee mit der decke ist ja klasse,das muster ist wunderschööön,deinen selbstgeschnitzten stempel bewundere ich,ich habe dafür keine geduld.

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! a heartbeat stamp - utterly brilliant. These are truly original "Heart" pages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deine Arbeiten faszinieren mich immer wieder auf's Neue, Johanna!
    Ganz fantastisch! Neil Youngs Heart of Gold.... hach...da kommen Erinnerungen auf! Und der selbstgeschnitzte Herzrhythmus-Stempel ist ja wohl obercool! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic journal pages Johanna you have done a unique work with them.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY!
    I came to visit and see so much I want/need to comment on :)
    I am crazy over the plastic doilies they make perfect stencils!
    That one is really fabulous...
    Neil Young's Heart of Gold always makes me think of my husband...we are BIG NYoung fans..
    Your pages are really super!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful journal page. I really like the detail you have added - the stencil and stamped heart rhythms. Jx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber