social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Sunday, November 24, 2013

take-a-word: vintage

i own a few vintage chocolate moulds, one of them this saint nicholas...
i transformed the photo of the mould into a png-format to use it in a layout: 

i put it onto a red-patterned background and framed it with a snowflake texture from siennaphotodesigns
text is written in font bleeding cowboys - at the bottom a children´s poem about saint nicholas, as he is the patron saint of children.

18 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use a image of your chocolate mould for this very beautiful piece.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely image and a very creative approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant piece! I love your approach to this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Als Computerlaie begeistert mich Deine Arbeit...und die alte Form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever you are dear! And what a fantastic mould to have! Lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen such a wonderful chocolate mould!! He is magnificent and looks even better in your beautiful background, Johanna. What a great idea to celebrate the feast of Saint Nicholas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a fabulous vintage chocolate mold you have, Johanna! :D And such a pretty page you have made with it, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treasure is the chocolate mold, and how beautifully you've presented it. I have a collection of vintage Santas I woodcrafted many years ago. I love the old St. Nicholas figures! I'm wondering if you ever use your chocolate mold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought your mould was an antique ornament, Johanna, what a treasure, so detailed and has a wonderful 3D effect on your card! Brilliant piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this the first ever chocolate mould art? I just love all the details in this which are so unusual, the snowflake texture frame and the Bleeding Cowboys (!!!!!) font, pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is awesome Johanna you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You put a lot of work into this one. Great collage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever idea! it turned out in a beautiful ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, ich bin begeistert. Benutzt du die Form auch für Schoki ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you used your vintage chocolate mould for your collage! A great job!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it's beautiful. I really like this piece, Johanna. So creative!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber