social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, December 11, 2013

three-muses: africa

today i can offer you in my advent calendar a postcard from africa...
santa´s sleigh is drawn by the warthog, zebra and hippopotamus;)

i found these postal stamps on a philatelic weblog, seems they were edited in 2006
plus quite some personal brushes and images involved here...
hope you enjoy the "jungle bells" :)

11 comments:

  1. I zoomed in to see your quirky postage stamps, Johanna, love the fun mail art take on Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh WOW,das gefällt mir mega klasse,die Briefmarken sind ja witzig *g*

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it would be something stunning, Johanna, and it was ... Christmas mail from Africa is so original!

    Thanks also for the link! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die Briefmarken sind ja echt der Knaller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wie genial, ich musste gleich mal zum Vergrößern klicken um auch alles entdecken zu können. Die Briefmarken sind der absolute Megahit.
    Zu deiner Frage wegen der Folie... das willst du nicht wirklich wissen ;) Verpackungsplastik (recht dick).... beim Erhitzen bestimmt mega ungesund - trotz offener Balkontür hat es gestunken :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the play on words!! Your jUngle bells piece is lovely, and thanks for sharing the site for the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your alternative take on the Christmas song, and those stamps are fantastic. A wonderful journal spread, Johanna. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jungle bells ist sehr schon! Tolle Idee. LG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great Johanna! I had to do a double take on the giraffe, to figure out what was "different" about it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber