social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, December 18, 2013

three-muses-challenge: "white space"

 the challenge is: "Let's explore white space art next week. The term "white space" is used to define art that has a single focus and lots of uncluttered space."
so, my "white" space is red actually, and i really have a hard time to work minimalistic...

background is spray painted braille paper
added the picture of an old eraser carved stamp
frame is a free ttv from flickr
font: boister black

tip for carvers: when my children were little i often carved patterns from lanterns or window pictures i crafted with them... like this one...

15 comments:

  1. You carved a wonderful stamp Johanna = Wowee!

    Minimalist is always a challenge for me too...you did good!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boah Wowie,was für ein genialer selbstgemachter stempel,das Motiv ist echt klasse und die karte damit richtig Suuper.
    ich wollte schon immer mal ein stempel selber schnitzen,aber die ganze arbeit *g*Püüh*nee, da hab ich keine Geduld für.

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ideal Christmas card, Johanna, this was a challenge for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red space - for the season. Beitiful background for the art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece, and thank you for explaining the theme. (I was trying to figure out what "white space" was.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really good stamp and I like the way you use different fonts, too. You've made a good minimalist picture here, I do like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why not red 'white space'? I love it and the stamp you carved is just terrific! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You carved a stunning stamp and then used red as your white space ... simply because you can! A very successful piece, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Johanna, full of the warm spirit of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be a great Christmas card...beautiful work.

    Wishing you a very Happy Holiday Season and a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Das gefällt mir in seiner schlichten Art sehr gut. Und endlich mal eine Krippe und auch noch so toll selbst geschnitzt!
    LG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and yet so beautiful. I love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. White space art proves that less can be more, and your piece proves it, Johanna. Beautifully done...as always. I almost missed this one...sorry for delay in commenting!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber