social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, January 27, 2014

take-a-word & three-muses

i combined the two challenges this week ("couples"/take-a-word; "silhouettes"/3-muses), hoping this way i will stay away from the pc a bit more this week... i love digital working, but my hands are begging for cut&paste&stamp...

background: scanned spraypainted braille page
framing layer: siennaphotodesigns jack frost
couple silhouette from the 1920ies (my stash)
sun from the font "sunandmoon"

19 comments:

  1. Your work is unique Johanna!Always pleasure to contemplate your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Johanna. The silhuet is "lively". Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skating is so much more fun when you do it in pairs. You can help keep each other standing up. Great idea to do it in silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is marvelous. Love the silhouettes against your beautiful background! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. BO ist das genial!! Erstmal der Braille HG ist schon mal der Klopfer und in das schwungvolle Pärchen hab ich mich spontan verliebt, die sind große Klasse.
    Komm zu uns.. bei uns scheint die Sonne vom blauen Himmel heute, es ist hell und freundlich, weil die dünne Schneedecke das Sonnenlicht noch reflektiert, soll laut Wettervorhersage die ganze Woche so bleiben.:-)
    LG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background is beautiful Johanna! The skaters really stand out! lovely piece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these ice-skaters, you can see them gliding over the ice and I like your twirly spiky sun too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about digital vs. cut and paste, Johanna. I always have my journals to puddle about in, and the art challenges for digital. I have a need to do both, as apparently do you. I like your couple/silhouette piece. It certainly fits both challenges. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So ein schönes Pärchen! Nee, wo du diese schönen, seltenen Bilder immer auftreibst...wahrscheinlich, weil du tatsächlich viel Zeit am PC verbringst!
    Meine NBs sind heute übrigens i.d. Postkasten gewandert...
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  10. Passend zum derzeitigen Wetter - sieht toll aus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely way to kill two birds with one stone...this is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both challenges at the same time! Wouaouh!!
    Great and clever art, as usual Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Johanna, your skaters are perfect for both challenges. So beautiful. I always look forward to see what you create each week and I am never disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect for both challenges, Johanna, and I especially like the skater silhouettes ... they warm up a cold and miserable day. Bravo, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the free and joyous feeling of the skaters in this crisp image - I can feel the frost and the cold. A very clever way to combine two images for the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Das sieht sehr gut aus, Johanna!
    Das Eislaufende Paar strahlt Harmonie und Ruhe aus. Der Hintergrund passt wie angegossen!
    Ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende.
    Liebe Grüße
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a joyful page, Johanna. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber