social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, April 02, 2014

3-muses-challenge

theme this week is: "take an old black and white photo and place it in or surrounded with color"

 first i took an old photo and gave it a framing texture overlay (free from flickr);
elements (2 merged backgrounds, alpha and buttons) are from the sbg set natali design_enjoy the journey
"travelling northern europe" is my own writing (scanned and transformed into a brush)

19 comments:

  1. If that was on the cover of a book I'd want to read that story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This great couple is very welcome here Norther Europe:)
    Well done, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely, creative piece, Johanna. I love the traveller and his dog (and their hats!). The framing is perfect. Thankyou for the hint about making a brush from handwriting. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art always has really interesting elements, Johanna, and this one is no exception, excellent take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photo album page you've created. It's cheerful as young people travels should always be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, the photo and background go together so well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever piece, Johanna. I love the idea of turning your own handwriting into a brush! I'll have to try that. Your work is always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geniale Idee mit der Handschriftbrush - von dir kann ich immer viel lernen! Danke. LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful details this picture tells a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, my friend!What is a man without a fur friend huh?Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This pic is worth it Johanna!
    And your artwork is special and beautiful as ever!
    (I love your hand writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely photo of a man and his best friend and the background fits perfectly to the photo.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very moving piece Johanna! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! This man and his dog do look like they are the best of buddies! What a creative collage!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to don my walking boots and tag along with these travellers .. especially if I can get one of those hats too!!!

    You have such talent, Johanna, and you demonstrate it with feeling. Thank you for the tip of making a handwriting brush.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ein süßes Foto, dem Du einen richtig schönen Rahmen gegeben hast!
    Alles Liebe, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely collage, the buddies look such an interesting pair, I'm sure they will be a hit in Europe.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber