social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Saturday, April 12, 2014

SPA: still life

the sign on the upper right is the coat of arms of granada/andalusia.
the pomegranate is a very old symbol for various aspects as fruitfulness or prosperity.
it is found on many old paintings and still lifes over the centuries.
mine is not painted, but photographed and layered with spray painted background.

13 comments:

  1. I had to really look closely at this, so unusual and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool...Love the pomegranate- perfect for a still life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the story behind each element. A very inventive and unusual still life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. total klasse,gefällt mir gut.

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. What unique and awesome take on still life...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great piece, and thanks for the history behind it! You left out that they are delicious, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome up close still life! Gorgeous color. I just want to eat it, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your collage! Aren't the insides of pomegranates fascinating?? Great job!!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is cool!Andalusia is such a beauitufl place. Lovely tribute.Very elegant work!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber