social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, April 14, 2014

take-a-word: birds

about 5 weeks ago i treated myself with an online "photoshop artistry course". it will be 60 videos to work through, but i can do it at my pace. it is by instructor sebastian michaels and i LOVE it!
here i´m exercising with the gradient layer: smoothly blending the compass to fade to the right.
again a lot of selfmade brushes involved. i love the "stamping" on the background with numbers. gives it quite some texture, i think.
background again spray painted and scanned. bird by deviantart.

19 comments:

  1. Very fine work, Johanna. Texture is gorgeous. I havn't any courses here and must try to learn myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das mit dem Farbe-Abwedeln gefällt mit richtig gut - muss ich unbedingt auch lernen.
    Sehr schöne Collage in typischer Johanna-ART!
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effect you have made here, it's gorgeous! And you lucky thing, buying that course. We look forward to more stunning work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this is an example of your course, I am also looking forward to seeing more of your amazing art, Johanna!
    Maybe I will pick up a few tips along the way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! And about 5 weeks ago I signed up for the very same course and have not yet begun it! Thanks for the nudge to get at it! This is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful collage, Johanna! Would love to hear more about that course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! The degrade colors are lovely. Enjoy your course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total schön - und wie Ulrike schon bemerkt hat "Johanna-Art".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to know how you've processed, even if gradient layer may have no signification for most of us! It's good to learn how to use more and more of this incredible software. Lucky lady! :) I adore your BG (as usual Johanna!) and all these texture effects. You've got a huge talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard about him and I'm sure you will learn a lot of new things, your bird collage is fantastic, very inspiring.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful bird in flight. I love the background and the way you have used the gradients. Great work Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Atemberaubend schön! So einen Kurs könnte ich vielleicht auch mal gebrauchen. Wobei im Moment bin ich doch eher mit Papier und Farbe unterwegs...
    Alles Liebe, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Johanna you just get better and better...this is very strong and handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Certainly appears your artistry course will be worthwhile, if this piece is any indication. It's lovely, Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds and sure looks like you're enjoying this class! Fabulous layers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a STUNNER, Johanna, the colours, the textures and the way you've managed the 'fading' of the clock. I look forward to more of your work as you progress through your course. Fantabulous and scrumdidlyumptious piece.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber