social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, April 07, 2014

take-a-word: music

it was really time to work on in my braille journal...
for this theme i chose jimi hendrix´ song "bleeding heart"


and that is how i made it:
 first i wrote excerpts of the lyrics with neocolor II on my spray painted background. then i took the (icicle) stencil from creative expressions to dap on "blood". stamped alpha (heindesign) and shadowed it with a white molotow acrylic pen.

love the bleeding heart flower and used some of my collected postal stamps here. 
for the flaming heart i photographed one of my ex votos and treated it a bit in photoshop. it printed out more vivid than i had planned (had to do it in the photo lab, as my printer refuses to print colors at the moment...). wrapped baker´s twine around the cut out heart.
last addition: some tapes.

14 comments:

  1. Super! Love the mix of cool colours for the background and the hot blooded heart. Great textures...really, is it Braille? The stamps are a nice touch, really adding to the composition and balancing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite, Johanna. you are so creative, these pages must have taken quite a time to create, love them, I zoomed in to see all the fine details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whole your creation is gorgeous, Johanna.
    I love the bleeding heart. You have done it so cleverly and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever, artistic, and awesome!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic journal page Johanna! Wonderful art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fantastic journal page Johanna! And thanks for sharing how you created it. It's nice to see the layers being created, to see how you made it. And I love those Bleeding Heart stamps. I photograph mine every year, and can never get enough of their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could sit in a comfy chair with a glass of wine and leisurely thumb through your journals, Johanna. What a pleasant afternoon that would be!! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pages are awesome and rich as ever Johanna!
    Is the braille over the bleeding heart?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, Johanna! Love the theme, colors, textures and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eine wunderschöne Seite - das Journal würde ich gerne mal im Original anschauen. Hat mit Sicherheit eine tolle Textur.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Johanna, das ist ja supercool...Genial Dein Stencil ganz oben und dann die Textur im Hintergrund, sieht so mehrdimensional aus und dazu noch die Schrift und die coolen Herzen! Vielen Dank dass wir so nah Dein Schmuckstück betrachten dürfen! Eine Wonne! Mix It Monthly ♥ Conny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the texture that the braille paper gives this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Großartige Seiten!!!
    ... dazu die tränendenden Herzen-briefmarken, das kommt total gut. Da hat dir aber jemand tolle Marken-Post geschickt!
    ... und schon lange wollte ich dich fragen, wie du mit den Molotows zufrieden bist? Mein feinster war schon nach kurzer Zeit eingetrocknet!
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber