social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, May 14, 2014

three-muses-challenge: stamp people

i chose a stamp with the head of edgar allan poe and placed it - of course - on a raven body, which is - like the lace background - from itkupilli_spiritus mortis.
red stitching is from cvisions
parchment overlay from shadowhouse.
text of the poem written with font gabriola (twice, to double print some parts of text).
made a brush of one of my heracleum-photos and stamped it in the background at lowered opacity.

21 comments:

  1. I am looking at your fabulous piece of art and thinking about my English Literature professor reciting Poe:"Lenore, Lenore...Nevermore"I guess I will never forget The Raven.Thanks for bringing back my good memories! Marvellous work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and fun! And the background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- das ist genial! Gefällt mir sehr. Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Johanna, perfect piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar is just the right person of bird image. Clever and fabulous art again, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilike your Poe Raven VERY much Johanna...this piece looks super!
    I had not seen that US postage stamp before...
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you'd have fun with this, as you've been making some really neat stamps. I love the background, and the Poe/raven combination is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh, it's such an excellent idea!!!
    When I look at it, it is evident... I wonder why nobody (I didn't see that before) thought of that before!
    I love this multilayered BG, and the crow is really awesome!
    I love the way the crow is side face and Poe is full-face, completely tilted to look at us.
    You are unique, clever and talented dear Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hach, das passt ja wie die Faust auf's Auge. Klasse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You win this is fabulous and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poe would be so proud of what you have done with him. Long live the raven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr Poe is a perfect subject for a stamp person and you've done him real justice, Joanna. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every bit of this is just perfect, Johanna, a great piece of digital and other art. And as always I am fascinated by the way you use fonts and digital stamps (brushes).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eine klasse Collage, finde das "düstere" perfekt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! Super cool, Johanna!
    LG Conny

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! Super cool, Johanna!
    LG Conny

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber