social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, July 23, 2014

3-muses-challenge: articulated paper doll

well, i´m cheating... my camera dates say this paper doll is from febr ´04, means she has seen her 10th birthday;) [actually i don´t know where she hides at the moment;)]  but as this was before my blogging times, it is her first appearance here...
she was created on tinted paper (her name is on her arms: fish woman) with stamps only.
her hair is made of octopode tentacles and her body full of maritime motifs.
laminated and articulated by eyelets.
~~~~~~~
actually this is a sample for how my art has changed... in my first years of creating (1990ies) my work was dominated by stamps - over the years i got more and more into collage style and various media (and even much digital work lately). but nevertheless i still love my stamps. they often are good texture-givers in the background, and even made into ps-brushes they are of good use...

(i tried to find the template to share, but i don´t know in which depth of the pc it hides...)

9 comments:

  1. Oooooh, coooool, a real one! :)
    I love paper dolls, and, for sure, yours is a winner!
    She reminds me the head of "la Méduse" by Le Caravage; and, once more, she deserve to be enlarged.
    Well done, and beautiful textures too Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the close-up, so we could truly appreciate Fish Woman. She's quite fetching, Johanna. Like you, I look back at my early work and am amazed how it's changed through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ein klasse Werk und schon 10 Jahre alt - wie die Zeit vergeht. Ich kann mich noch gut an diese Schablone erinnern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colours on the doll and well made

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say, Johanna, other than she is perfect for 2004 and also 2014. She's a beauty and certainly stands the test of time. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love paper dolls. I had many when I was a child. They were cheaper and magical. I love articulated dolls too. I had two of them. Your work is always a beauty to see, my friend. Thanks for the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Fish woman!(even if she is old!(heehee) Her colors are yummy and love her stamping Johanna- Fun!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber