social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, July 14, 2014

take-a-word: silhouettes

"without words"

it had to be a quick piece, as summer is busy, my younger son is leaving the nest and lots of things are to be done (i think i´m living at ikea these days;)) - but i wanted to play as i love silhouettes!
this is a pre-scheduled entry, as i´m currently at a retreat with some sewing pals since friday.

found the crocodile skin at textureonline, lightened it with kim klassen´s confusion and placed a silhouette picture above and called it done.
thought about words (something like: the revenge for stealing our skin...), but then couldn´t bring it to the point... will think about it another time...

15 comments:

  1. Johanna, bist du bööööse! Sehr coole Karte. Gefällt mir :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echt makaber.

    Super gemacht, Johanna.

    Ich wünsche Dir eine tolle neue Woche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr, it scares me!
    Am I dreaming or the wool thread is unraveled?
    Impressive, clever and beautiful job Johanna!

    (Good luck at ikea! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't require words! It's fun and serious at the same time. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no I hope she does not fall down, a wonderful and creative collage Johanna.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BRILLIANT Johanna and speaks volumes without words :-)... all around super with that perfect background...

    Thinking of you on your soon to be empty nest...
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we get the idea, and it's beautifully done and very clever, Johanna. Nostalgic time in your life to have the youngest leaving home. A whole new chapter unfolds!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I don't think I could walk that wire! Fantastic background to use with the alligator. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Total klasse, die Silhouetten als solches sind schon ein Traum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A creative idea, and beautifully done, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully made Johanna! A touch of class having the croc skin background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a marvellous image, absolutely perfect in silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card for silhouette Johanna- very fun!! xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber