social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, July 30, 2014

three-muses-challenge: seashell

i started with a blue spraypainted background
layered elements:
sand + shell: wishing on a star
"listen" font: daft brush  
africa map: rucola designs_out of africa
sun: martha van eck
punchinella: holliewood
red tab: free digital scrapbooking 
postal stamp googled
+ various brushes by myself
 

15 comments:

  1. Love all the details! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever to use the word "listen" within the shell, Johanna. This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Klasse, die Farben sind der Hit. Tolle Kombination aus Muschel und Listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've all held shells to our ears to 'Listen', Beautiful piece Johanna! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh - da bekomm ich glatt Fernweh nach der Karibik...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wie fantastisch- diese sagenhaften Farben! Die ganze Gestaltung ist sehr harmonisch- rundum wunderschön!!!!
    Ganz liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and I always like to listen to what a shell has to say :)

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've drawn our attention to the sound of the sea contained within the seashell, Johanna. Inspired and unique and beautifully illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouaouh! What a marvel again Johanna!
    I love this Seychelles stamp from 1938; as if the ocean contains all our memories ready to be listened... I also love the sea-urchin-sun!
    A full of great ideas collage, and so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. großartig! Herrlich all die Lagen und sommerlichen Farben!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would be so cool to receive mail like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors and composition in this piece...
    I like picking up big sea shells and listening for the sound of the sea ♥
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing layering of elements. beautiful work!

    stacy lynn mar
    http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber