social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, September 23, 2014

three-muses-challenge: altered playing cards

theme for this week at three-muses:
altered playing cards

this theme came in handy, as i just had got my rubber stamp order from rubberdance, a norwegian company with wonderful service (thanks, bibi!).
i had ordered a sheet of mushrooms, which i LOVE
(yummy deep etched red rubber)

so my fingers were itching to use them immediately.
i painted some playing cards with gesso and let them dry overnight
(ntl some dye inks like vivids have a tendency to "run" on this ground, so better stamp with versafine etc.)
i slaughtered an old farmer´s almanach which i liked for add-ons:
and this set of 9 was the result of my playing:



other stamps i used are custom made (except the script backgrounds from various companies)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
and as mushrooms are living beings this is good for ajj, too:)

19 comments:

  1. I love how you used my mushroom stamps - these playing cards are super cool!
    Thank you for sharing, it's always such fun to see how other artists use my stamps. Now that I'm here, I'll check out your other artwork, too :)))
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klasse Stempelchen und tolle APC#s Johanna... diese alten Bauernkalender haben was ....
    erinnert mich an meine Buchhändlertage ... was haben wir die früher verkauft - wie die warmen Semmeln sind die gegangen !

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das ging ja wirklich schnell mit der Pilz-Lieferung!
    Die sind wirklich superschön.. und fast wäre ich auch schwach geworden.
    Tolle Karten hast du damit kreiert!
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - das sind tolle Kärtchen und du hast die Stempel echt toll genutzt! Ganz liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wie klasse sind die denn geworden ?! Ein tolles Set. Die Firma habe ich heute durch Zufall entdeckt... die haben echt klasse Motive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, my friend!By the way, we have Oktober fest here. It is in the south of Brazil where German immigration is strong.
    http://www.oktoberfestblumenau.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous set of cards. Very creative take on the theme, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing in your creativity, Johanna, love these altered cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing playing cards set must have taken ages to make

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these, Johanna! What great stamps and a clever take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful collection Johanna!
    They are superb! :)
    If you do the complete game, you could publish it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful work on your cards a beautiful tribute to autumn my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous and inspiring! these cards are a real treasure... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Johanna, I don't know how else to reach you, as I don't use OutLook for email, so sorry I am posting here:

    I went to look at the rest of your art: Love this!!! you have so much wonderful art! Love the Led Zep and 60's fabric book! It's going to take me a while to get through all this delicious artwork you have but I'm sure I'll enjoy every minute... :)

    Thanx for your great comment on my Jimmy Page layout! It is always very exciting to "meet" people over 30 (lol!) who still admit to loving Rock :) ... I posted the link to the video underneath today in case you want to go directly to the you tube video...I have the "right click" turned off on my site so you wouldn't be able to get the video URL. This is the video with the best quality sound. Enjoy!

    Oh, here's the link for you, not sure if it will actually link in this email or not...
    http://youtu.be/UNVRIPgfRNE
    cyberhug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous Johanna!! Gorgeous designs!1 ")

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I can almost feel the crackle of your creative energy in these oh so wonderful playing cards, Johanna. It almost makes me want to roll up my sleeves and get stamping too! A great big standing ovation on its way from the UK, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Johanna! Dein "Pilzgericht" ist ja wirklich superschön geworden, tolle Idee!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber