social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, November 19, 2014

beuys quote

"i think the tree is an element of Regeneration which in itself is a concept of time"
~~~~~~~~~~~
tag created with distressed inks; tree sprayed with glimmer mist, cut out with sizzix die.
numbered circle stamp custom made.
font: hedgerow
 
challenges: time quotes at 3 muses, trees at moo mania &more
 


15 comments:

  1. How fun. And of course, I love the stamp you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein wundervolles Tag und ein toller Spruch, liebe Johanna.

    Danke für's Mitmachen bei MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag with the great quote. You can estimate the age of a tree from its trunk f.ex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hier rockt der rote Baum auf der grünen Wiese Johanna... Der Spruch ist genial dazu!
    Spitze !
    Danke für's Teilen auf
    MOO MANIA & MORE!

    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote. It's all the more meaning as I've just watched t he glorious red maple outside my window drop its leaves almost overnight, and now stand naked against a cold, winter sky. I always enjoy your thoughtful work, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hier in Kassel stehen inzwischen 7000 Eichen, Beuys-Eichen!

    Eine Errungenschaft der Documenta 7 (1982)- Beuys hatte eine Plastik aus 7000 Basaltsteinen aufgeschichtet...
    Wer 500 DM spendete, durfte an anderer Stelle eine Eiche pflanzen und eine der Basaltsäulen daneben platzieren.
    Die komplette Umsetzung hat 5 Jahre gedauert.
    ...das ist mir jetzt gerade wieder dazu eingefallen...
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant quote and you created such a super tag to illustrate it Johanna!
    I am always attracted to trees and this time of year it is extra interesting to see their "bones" exposed (it took me awhile to appreciate the architecture of them during the winter!)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dramatic tree contrasting with the green background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful tag beautiful stamp work and a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creative and unique and beautifully realised, Johanna. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. was für ein geniales Tag! Was für ein genialer Spruch! Einfach nur klasse, Johanna :)
    Liebe Grüße
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a striking tag with the red tree and the lovely background, and as always I am fascinated by your fonts with such intriguing names such as this one, "Hedgerow".

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber