social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Thursday, January 01, 2015

buddha and the lotus plant


the left page in this spread is collaged with a Buddha Image cut out from ars mundi Magazine; the tissue Buddhas "Warhol style" are glued onto the Background. stamping with bamboo (Arizona stamps, too) and the word breath (teesha moore).
 
the right side is taped in (with self painted tape) [actually it is the backside of the "lonesome deer"]. i loved this Picture (geo Magazine) and wanted to Keep it as big as possible. the info tag holds the latin Name of the plant, and "XIII" means: it belongs to the 13th class of linné´s classification System.

as the Background is made in the style of Andy Warhol, i link it to ajj ("inspired by the masters")...
well, you will notice that in this challenge i will often work in the style of Collage or stamping mode - i´m simply not a painter and actually that isn´t what i´m striving for. but there are many other artists/masters i think i can relate to by working in my mode. hope that counts;)

oh, and do the seed pod Points also Count for mm&m;)?

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I think it counts, too! Schöne Journalseiten, und eindeutige Warhol Inpressionen! Danke fürs Mitmachen bei Art Journal Journey! GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad whoever chose the AJJ challenge this month picked Masters again, because I will never get tired of those. You did a GREAT job of representing Warhol.

    I was glad to see you also are a collage artist like me, (me being a person who can't draw ANYTHING). I admire your art and also your stamping abilities, which also are superb. So, I know that has GOT to account for a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natürlich zählen die SEED POT POINTS ...lol!
    Eine herrliche Doppelseite Johanna -
    Du hast recht -- auch wenn wir keine Maler sind..unsere Inspirationen können wir ja von allem nehmen...
    das ist eben unsere Kreativität , oder?
    Danke für's Dabei sein bei den Challenges... ich freu mich so !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collage and other creativity is always a delight Johanna and diversity and individuality helps the world go round. Collage and Mixed Media are real favorites of mine. Your Warhol influence here is great!
    The Buddha page is very cool and I am a huge fan of Loti...both beautiful and very symbolic!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow was für tolle seiten du gemacht hast,toll mit den buntrn buddha köpfen,gefällt mir mega
    gut.,ich hsab auch eine seite zum thema andy warhol gemacht,so ein zufall.


    xxx Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Großartige Journalseiten, Johanna.

    Danke für's Mitmachen bei MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Warhol style Buddha but I wouldn't put the two of them together in my mind. Lotus are so fascinating with their layers aren't they. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. I vow to learn this year to do art journal pages. I will have to review some Warhol work!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber