social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, February 02, 2015

fabric garden journal

 
over at elizabeth´s blog there is a monthly Invitation [on the second day of each month] to show something previously made for the second time... some things which may be long forgotten (even from the maker herself;)) and now are brought up again...
 
i digged through my stash and thought i might show you 4 fabric pieces i made in spring 2008...
i originally had planned to make more... to make a "garden journal" of them...
but you might know the word UFO for unfinished objects flying around here...
 
well, i might take it up again and make more, as the flowers will blossom over the year.
 
These are the collages of fabric/paper (about din-a-4 size):
 

starting with snowdrops...
 
next are crocus...
 
then daffodils...
 
and then tulips.
 
and then it stopped.
Resolution is to make more for a contribution to the fabric theme at mix-it-monthly... (as of course there should be shown new works;))  i will try my best.

18 comments:

  1. Nothing gets me out of my sick bed like these gorgeous flowers. Your art is always fabulous, and I see how much you have added to your fabric and collage making abilities since 2008.

    I'm so glad you found these lovely pieces and shared them during Second on the 2nd. Thank you SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Johanna. So glad you shared them again. I particularly like the crocus. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja, mach weiter mit diesen schönen fabrics!
    Das hier war doch eine wunderbare Gelegenheit, die "alten" Arbeiten noch einmal ans Licht zu holen.
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I came over from Elizabeth's blog as I would not have wanted to miss your beautiful floral work. The backgrounds are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo each one is really lovely Johanna...time flies by but what you created is timeless!
    Flowers are perfect inspiration and I agree now you have the chance to play with fabric again for Conny's February challenge. I am excited about that one too.
    Elizabeth's second look idea is such fun.
    Happy February!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great, very interesting. I hope you continue the series.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just down right beautiful and really look forward to seeing more of them. Which I hope you continue to make.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and cheery. Just what I needed during another blizzard. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wie schön - die Seiten machen total Lust auf Frühling. Ich bin auch dafür, dass du dieses Projekt weiterführst :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are lovely and fresh and how nice to see your work from 2008. Love the use of fabric here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh please do finish these beautiful pieces and enjoy them on display. They are too pretty to not be shown off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ganz wunderbare WErke Johanna! Die Farben sich traumhaft schön und der Blumenreigen eine wahre Pracht...man kann das Frühjahr kaum erwarten ;) So gern würde ich noch ein paar "neue Blumen" blühen sehen! ♥ Conny Mix It Monthly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful pieces ~ each one a promise of the season to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to see your collages. They would make a lovely journal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous sign of sping to come, love these, Johanna! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber