social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Sunday, February 22, 2015

fabric inchies and other dabbling...

the weather was unfriendly over the Weekend, and as i consider my blog to be my creative diary i just Show what i did on sunday...
 

you know that "never throw anything away" Motto - even SMALL parts of paper, or in this case: fabric are hoarded.
These measure one Inch and are leftovers from various Projects...
 


 
then i sewed around each inchie (otherwise they maybe would solve them from the pelmet again)
 
this one was even smaller than an Inch square, so i framed it with a molotow acrylic pen. (pelmet is a fantastic material, you can paint on it also)
 
tried to draw with the acrylic pens on the fabric, but it soaked in and was not to my delight...
 
now: what to do with the inchies?
i was looking for small stamps... (here: paperartsy)
 
... or just inking parts of a stamp as here: 
 
now the other ones (too dark to be stamped on) will come into a box and be worked on with pailettes, Buttons or other stuff and be used on an upcoming Project, whatever this may be...
~~~~~~~
 
then i wanted to dye some spreads in my old silver/blue altered book.
i brought out my dye inks
(here: vivids and adirondack)
 
 
after tinting some spreads i thought i might make Patterns with Baby wipes:
 
 
wet towel wiping over a stencil (brand umr) above a dried page,
and after drying of the circles it Looks this way:
 
 
in the end i soaked up the rest of the blue water with the Baby wipe,
so another Thing not wasted;)
 
linking my post to mix-it-monthly and take-a-word (both with theme fabric)
and moo mania&more (circles)
 
edit: and in my comments i just got the hint that paperartsy has a "miniature art" challenge right now! so i will link it there also (ha, and i had even used some of their stamps;))

27 comments:

  1. Hah I can so relate about nothing going to waste as you proved so inspiringly again and again Johanna!
    Cool post and creations.
    Pelmet is not something I am familiar with ... will have to check into it.
    Thanks also for the "those were the days" earworm ;-)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boah diese kleinen Teilchen sehen perfekt schon aus - so wie sie sind.. die kannst Du sicher toll weiter verwenden!
    Hammer!
    Super dass Du uns teilhaben lässt an Deinem Kreativen Sonntag Johanna... lieben Dank für's Linken zur Moo Mania & More Challenge!
    Ich wünsch Dir einen schönen Wochenstart für morgen und SONNE!

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Einfach genial, was Du aus den "Resten" gemacht hast,! Sehen spitze aus Deine Inchies! Mit ner kleinen Schlaufe machen die sich sicher auch gut als Geschenkanhänger! Ja und jetzt lüfte doch mal das Geheimnis was denn eigentlich Pelmet ist?! ♥ Conny Mix It Monthly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day you had! Love your book page! Your inchies are fabulous - like you I feel that nothing should go to waste! There is a new challenge on the Paper Artsy blog - In miniature - perhaps some of your inchies could be used to enter? Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Stoff-Inchies sind ja toll!!! Was du immer für tolle Ideen hast - ich habe auch noch so viele Stoffreste oben im Nähzimmer - das muss ich mir dafür unbedingt mal merken ;o)
    Komm morgen gut in die neue Woche. Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ja, aus Resten etwas zu machen ist immer eine besondere Herausforderung, selbst aus so kleinen Stückchen wie diesen, schaffst du es noch!
    ... und was wird jetzt aus den Quadraten?
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tja, Ulrike... was für eine frage;) wirst schon sehen, eines tages, vielleicht...

      Delete
  7. Auf was für Ideen du immer kommst - cool. Ich bin schon gespannt, wo die Inchies dann mal eingebaut werden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your inchies, they are very creative. I can't work that small anymore, as I can't grasp things when they are so small :( Love the circle page, too, great way of using the colours. Ups, Habe vergessen das Gehirn auf Deutsch umzuschalten, hab gerade Nachhilfe Unterricht gegeben! GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing miniatur-art and clever idea for smal stuff as well as useful, too. Great job, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deine Kreativität scheint ja in unendliche Weiten zu reichen, was diese fantastischen Teilchen hier mal wieder beweisen. Bin jetzt schon gespannt, wo Du diese tollen Inchies verbrätst.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvelous use of a Sunday and what's hanging around. I like your inchies and your dye pages especially. Circles are so wonderful. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your inchies are marvelous, Johanna. I've seen quilted pillowtops with inchies...lovely and intricate. Knowing you, you will find just the perfect use for each and every piece. I look forward to seeing them again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully expressive little canvases of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully expressive little canvases of art!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deine Kreativität kennt auch keine Grenzen!!Bin begeistert was Du aus allem machst, am meisten bin ich in das Skelett verliebt!
    Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen abend,
    lG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun to see what you did on bad-weather Sunday. Gotta love inches especially yours with sewing and stamping and tiny words.
    Look at your box of dye inks! - swoon!
    Spent a bit of time wondering how you made the lighter circles on the blue, then read it again - bleaching with baby wipes - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can relate to not letting anything go to waste. It's simply not in my nature. I have a friend who left a bunch of printed materials and old books with me and told me if I didn't want them, to throw them in the trash. I can't do that. So glad to see you don't waste anything, either.

    I've also been known to dye dryer sheets and hand wipes with whatever watered down paint I have left over. I know you'll find a use for yours.

    I love, love, love those inchies. A bit small for how I work, but I sure love what you did! You had a VERY productive Sunday, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all what you're used to do dear Johanna!
    ALL!
    These precious little bits are perfect my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your inches, the perfect project for Paperartsy miniature challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun it looks like that you had with your inchies! I especially like the ones that you stamped on.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I have never made inchies, but these look amazing. So much detail in such a small space. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore your fabric inchies-that skeleton one just cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you have used small part of stamps on your tiny little art works! These look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow stunning little fabric inches and I love how you have chosen parts of the stamp, amazing. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber