actually my plan was to work for the garden fabric Journal.
BUT. when i wanted to print some pictures of flowers for this, i noticed mister huffy Printer did not deliver the Colors i wanted to have. seems i use him too seldom... anyway, all blue turned Brown, blabla... i was miffed, too -
and decided to follow another plan.
i had made some acrylic Backgrounds on file Folders these days, and if you remember i bought this Hieronymus bosch calender (for 99cent!! destined to be slaughtered!):
i love the imagery of Hieronymus bosch...
a world of Monsters and chimeras, full of symbolism (way too much to go deeper here, if interestered make online researches)
Problem with cutting out is that all these creatures and Scenes blend into each other, so you can hardly decide where to cut...
anyway, i Chose a part i thought would be Fitting the current ajj challenge...
i started with this Background:
and cut out the Image:
i laid the Image down to see where to emboss the birds (stempelmine):
next i embossed this wonderful stamp with verdigris embossing powder (i don´t remember where i bought it... my powders were hiding in a drawer just waiting for a recent resurrection... as it is the best way to stamp on acrylics):
on the upper right the stamping was made without embossing:
THEN it comes to the textile challenge (mix-it-monthly)...
i thought to include some cheese Cloth (gauze Bandage), i hope that counts;)
but in my stash of course there was no yellow (which i wanted)...
but that was no Problem:
i added bits of it to the Collage... (i take a glue stick for that)
a bit of stenciling on the lower right... :
i felt a Little something was missing...
washi always is a good helper;)
glued down the Image finally and drew around it with colored pencils... done!
the sewing along the sides will be made when the backside of the Folder is collaged, too...