social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Saturday, February 21, 2015

kikeriki


this tiny Journal has been hibernating in a box which i had packed for a stamping retreat end of october - and never unpacked afterwards. that happens.
now i found this Little one again and thought i might make a quick spread on the gessoed pages of this tiny prayer book.
clock stamp from leavenworth jackson, Alpha from teesha moore
"cock-a-doodle-doo" was replaced by the shorter german form;)
 
linked to art-journal-journey: birds, beasts and humans
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
now relocating the Little one again, i thought i might gather all my "journals in work" (or not so "work") for maybe getting my Hands on them again.
only few have been finished (as the "capolan" one) - some ended up with only few pages and are god-knows-where...
and the ones i could find will come into one box now and hopefully get added more entries...
 
here you see what i could find:
 
~~~~~
among them are two very old ones: the one at the bottom started in 2003 ("silver blue", my very first altered book) and as a round Robin from 2004 "homage" (here shown my Hitchcock page; after some People have worked in it there is still plenty of space left...):
 
(pages can bee seen on my picturetrail, link in the blogroll)
~~~~~
always a theme for me: Vanitas, graveyards etc.
three books unfinished... the Vanitas (Memento mori) one Needs a lot of researche, and at some time i got stuck, but want to re-animate it...
one of them is about aging and Change... worth to continue also...
 
if interested in entries so far:
~~~~~
well, the next one is of the Kind i will never Show anybody from the inside...
stuff that deals with my 2½ decades of colitis, and is properly named "damn sh*t"
 
~~~~~
the biggest and the tiniest one:
the big one is about 10½ x 13 Inch (a Braille book), theme: song titles,
and the smallest one is a Little prayer book, just for instant fun.
 
~~~~~
currently most worked in:
 
~~~~~
and there are some prepared to start: about one third of the pages are removed before i start to work in them, and often i spraypaint, dye them etc.
 
 
and of course there is a big lot of single pages, file Folders etc Floating around individually and waiting to be bound to journals...
i´m hoping for a Long life;)

12 comments:

  1. Ganz toll, dein Hahn ist schön. Morgens hier höre ich auch immer Hahnengeschrei, klingt manchmal lauter als die Flugzeuge! Danke fürs Mitmachen bei Art Journal Journey. GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die Hahnseite gefällt mir super gut- danke für's Teilen mit uns bei Art Journal Journey !
    Oooooch, Du hast ja nicht wenige Journale... bin ich also in allerbester Gesellschaft... und ja... ich vergesse die einzelnen auch manchmal auf irgendwelchen Plätzen, wo ich sie ablege...

    Das Krankheitsjournal macht Sinn... ich hab sowas auch ..eine Befinlichkeitstagebuch führe ich seit Jahren und da krtzle ich und klebe auch immer mal was dazu..
    das ist auch nur für mich gedacht....
    ein Tagebuch

    Bei uns ist frisch aber nicht direkt grau.... mal sehen es soll sogar wieder Schnee und Regen kommen...das darf ja wohl nciht wahr sein...

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holla, da hast du ja einige Journale am Wickel - tolle Idee sie weiterführen zu wollen. Ich werkel dieses Jahr in 3 Alben parallel, mal schauen, wie weit sie dann am Ende des Jahres sind ;) Irgendwann komme ich hoffentlich dazu, die Seiten zu bloggen :D
    In die Bücher vom Round Robin schaue ich immer noch gerne... darin sind noch viele leere Seiten ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dem Wunsch nach einem langen Leben für die Verwirklichung dieser vielen Projekte kann ich mich nur anschließen und einschließen!
    ... So ein Krankheits-Bewältigungs-Buch hilft tatsächlich über Vieles hinweg - ich habe ja damals etwas Ähnliches bei meiner großen Zahn- und Schultergeschichte gemacht, auch nicht vorzeigbar.
    Schönes Wo-Ende von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - so tolle Journale - da ist ja kein "Vergang" dran und ich finde es eine gute Idee, sie weiter zu füllen ;o)
    Artjournaling ist bei mir ja eher noch in den "Kinderschuhen" aber ich möchte da gern mehr machen in Zukunft. Bei dir und einigen anderen "Journalisten" finde ich immer jede Menge Anregungen und Motivation ;o) Liebe Grüße und dir noch ein schönes Wochenende, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boah...bist Du fleissig.Und so tolle Sachen dabei.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection, Johanna. They will be great to look at when they are all completed. I must do the same as you and gett out my unfinished ones. I love your cheerful cockerel in your Little Journal. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great journals. Could never work that small. Sorry about the colitis, such an energy sapping and painful condition. Cute cock a doddle do. I have dogs that wake me up. Maybe they are roosters in disguise. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ich bin beeindruckt liebe Johanna ... so viele kreative, tolle Arbeiten! Die interessanten ARTJournals weiterzuführen, finde ich super. Mögen Dir dazu nie die Ideen ausgehen! Freue mich immer wieder, etwas Neues von Dir zu sehen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this post earlier and loved your small book with the "Kikeriki", love the clocks and the words.
    The other books I gazed at in wonder for quite a time, there is enough here for a hundred blog posts and the same number of admiring comments from me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure where I've been, but I certainly would not have missed this post for the world. Your gorgeous cock was adorable. And the little book sounds wonderful.

    I am in awe of your UFOs. I have four right now, since I try to finish one before I start another. But of course, sometime I use one just for fun and experimentation.

    You make lovely ABs. I am super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to mention. Like you, I save my covers till last. Otherwise they get too messed up.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber