as my recent Transfer on paper turned out to my satisfaction, i decided to Experiment with Transfers on fabric. base i used was Cotton in natural White and diluted Dispersion glue.
i tried it with 3 different Goals:
1: transferring poetry scrap Pictures of butterflies (quite sturdy paper compared with "normal" one)
2: normal laser print (medieval fish Pictures)
3: stamping on the fabric (with my favorite things pad) and after that also adding a normal laser print (skulls)
and here is how it went:
These are the original scraps, laid onto the fabric; then i put glue onto the fabric where i wanted to place them, coated the scraps with glue also and laid them upside down plus burnished them onto the fabric (with bonefolder). wait to dry.
then i moistened the scraps. the paper was quite thick, so i had to wait a while until i got dampened places on the paper. started to rub gently (from the inside to the edges). actually had to make all the Strip wet to get the paper off.
then it looked like this... no clear butterflies...
the pic above Shows the wet "see-through" when Held up, but when laid down to the table it was this:
ummm... rubbing more seemed to cause holes:
... i put it on the drying rack anyway and thought to care about later...
forgot to make a Picture before, but this was a simple laser print and after moistening and rubbing it Looked like this:
actually meanwhile i just put a generous amout of water on it. (i would be careful with paper, but fabric can handle water...)
looked ok for me (here wet stage at the end of rubbing), went to the drying rack.
third sample: the stamped medieval script combined with a laser print:
stamp from green pepper press, inkpad red hot from my favorite things
glued down the Strip of printed crowned skulls
here the interesting part was how the ink would withstand the water, as again i made it very wet (removing the rubbed paper remains under the sink actually)
all sitting on the rack to dry:
you can already see the butterflies taking the White of the paper again
and so i decided to really soak them in a bowl of water for a while.
the two fish (he has a mirrored companion) also got a thin paper coating after drying, so i threw them into the bowl, too
[swim yourselves free, i said;) no. i thought;)]
and after a while and a Little more rubbing it was fine:
the Outlook of the third Piece was the best - and what i really loved: the ink didn´t bleed.
it might end up on a Strip of fabric, whichever...
so only one problem child was left.
but before throwing it out i thought i could make a Trial to get the paper translucent.
i smeared it with my finger adding a bit of oil (sunflower oil from the kitchen).
definitely looked better!
now i didn´t want to smear the oil onto contacting items in the scroll later on...
so i thought i might take away something of the oil by pressing the Piece between newspaper pages under a big and heavy catalog over night...
fine, i think. some transferring of the newspaper actually Looks good.
so i think this Piece also is saved.
i´m happy with my results:)