social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, April 15, 2015

old jeans with ravens

theme at the 3 muses this week is blackbirds...
 
i took this leg of an old Jeans and stenciled some ravens with black acrylic onto it.
 
 
now this should give me some hours of stitching...
i plan to fill the gaps with colorful elements,
the ravens will get some White sashiko stitches around them.

 
here you see my work in Progress...

18 comments:

  1. Exquisite art piece, Johanna. Like the Jeans-background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganz bezaubernd, viel Spaß noch mit dem Aussticken. LG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh. I'm in LOVE. Both the stamping and the stitching made me smile and take notice of what you are doing to make this scroll. I'm really in love with this. Did I mention that before (grin)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope we will see the finished piece, Johanna, so far this is amazing but like you say "many hours of stitching!"
    Love the Take a Word piece, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ravens on the denim, so pretty! Hope you'll show us the final work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous if I were you I'd do it on some new jeans and wear them...awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be sure to share this when it's complete! It's going to be a true work of art, Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was für eine geniale Idee. Auf der Jeans gestempelt sind die Raben sehr deutlich zu erkennen, hätte ich nie für möglich gehalten. Bin schon gespannt was Du noch damit vor hast:-)
    LG anja

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a so beautiful work Johana ! I like it very much, and that inspires me, perhaps I ´ll begin to do something with old clothes.... fabulous!! big hugs from Spain--- Caty---
    http://katyazursobreelespejodelmar.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful fabric art- this is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful fabric art- this is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Das wird absolut klasse!
    Ganz viel Spaß und tolle Motive in München wünsch ich dir noch...
    Liebe Grüße von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your stitching is so neat! You must have a lot of patience! Such a creative and beautiful piece - look forward to seeing it completed. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is superb, very unusual. I like the way you are stitching this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to see the beginning of this wonderful piece Johanna!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber