social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, April 27, 2015

stitching around three circles

 
it started with a Piece of old Jeans, which i divided into three parts by sashiko stitching (running stitch) in varying directions with various yarns (darning Cotton in dark and light blue).
first i cut circle placeholders from fabric scrap and basted them onto the Jeans fabric:
 
 
i planned to fill the circle in the middle with a Quote, the ones on the sides with elephants from my stash (collected from coffee packagings)
 

this time i strengthened the dyed glasses-cleaning-paper from the back with laminating foil, so the paper won´t frazzle,...
and i pre-sewed the circle with the machine (without thread) , so i could better handstitch through These holes.
 
 
same with the elephant circles (Background is Curry tinted coffee filter, a leftover from my egg dyings on easter).
the elephant was sewed on with blanket stitch before, and some stamping done around it

 
finally the Quote (printed on ledger paper with font daft brush) was glued on and framed with red pencil.
 
 
Quote reads: If you think adventure is dangerous, try Routine, it is lethal. (Paolo coelho) 
 
 
everything of this Piece are recycled materials:))


17 comments:

  1. Der Spruch gefällt mir auch, wie war - Nichs ist schlimmer als Routine! Du warst wieder sehr fleißig! Danke fürs Mitmachen bei Art Journal Journey, GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Johanna - love all the stitching and the recycling !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful piece for your scroll journal, Johanna, and all the better because all the elements are recycled. I love those elephants and I really like your stitching - it is so neat! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a surprise to find Paulo Coelho here. He's Brazilian too. Love your recycling. Wonderful idea, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fab! So far your raven-piece was my all time favorite from you, but now I am torn, as this is so so stunning too! :) And Paolo Coelho's quote is great! :D
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant quote and this page for your scroll journal is fabulous too.
    I he♥rt elephants and all of the great ingredients that went into this.
    Happy new art week Johanna
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Du leistest hier mit Deiner Stickerei Elefantenarbeit...lol!
    Und verwurstelst anscheinend alles...herrlich!
    Tolle Arbeit Johanna!
    Danke für's Verlinken zur AJJ!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treasure! This should be displayed in a gallery somewhere. Your brilliant use of recycled items always amazes me. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very interesting piece of work. Love the stitching and circles are always great. The quote is just right

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boah - wie cool ist das denn wieder? Klasse was du aus den alten Jeans alles machst!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these sewn pieces are so cool I just love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I apologize for not being here sooner, but I stayed with friends for several days who live in the country and don't have a computer. It was enjoyable, but after awhile, I felt a bit on edge and ready to move on.

    I am in AWE of what you are accomplishing. The attention to detail like the curry dyed coffee filters made the perfect symmetrical addition to this part of your scroll. And the way you varied the stitches around the quote really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ... bin etwas spät dran, weil ich durch einen tagelangen Internet-Ausfall aus der Routine gerissen wurde. Jetzt ist alles wieder gut!
    Das sieht so toll aus, was du da zauberst! Aber sag, das Wetter ist doch nicht etwa noch gut bei dir?
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, oh my - gosh!
    I love the creative way you are combining different materials with the fabric and the way you organise how you sew.
    "Daft Brush"!!! that's fabulous.
    Actually I love routine, I can't have enough of it.
    I'm fascinated by this textile art.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber