social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Saturday, May 30, 2015

challenge: old, new and digital, too

sheila wrote about a new challenge These days (old, new and digital, too) - theme of this month is free to Choose
 
i thought i might take that for a personal challenge i had to fulfill: making a birthday Card. (i do not love to make b.day Cards actually)
it is for my brother-in-law´s 60th on the last day of may (he does not read my blog, so i´m not afraid he will see it too early).
 
challenge was: i wanted to incorporate Money (another Thing i do not like to do: giving Money as a present, but it somehow was not avoidable)
 
and i came up with this:
 
 
the making:
 
i used two OLD stamps i carved Ages ago...
 
 
i stamped and scanned them to create brushes for photoshop with These Images
 
Background is a photo of clouds i made some day.
stamped the bottles in green and red in photoshop... they were transformed into "candles" by adding the flame (brush in yellow with a shadow of orange)
[didn´t we use bottles as candle holders all the time in our youth?]
 
NEW: i stamped the date of the birthday and again turned it into a photoshop brush
 

another OLD Thing i used was a swiss postal stamp from 1980:
 
i thought it might fit well, as the numbers sum up to the number of his age... and the words "pro juventute" plus the sun also appealed to me in this context...
 
finishing digital touch: a texture from shadowhouse creations

after printing the Picture i added rolled banknotes with removable glue:


and it also is linked to the challenge "bottles" at moo-mania&more 

10 comments:

  1. Eine tolle Karte, danke fürs Mitmachen bei Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I'm going to have to learn Photoshop. I've had it so long, paid so much for it, and it just sits on my computer accepting my photos and now my watermark.

    I simply adore this card. One thing that amazes me is your money (bills). Ours is drab and boring and single colored. Yours looks colorful, just like your fun card.

    I'm not fond of giving money, either, but if I had to, I would want to look as gorgeous as you made yours look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganz tolle Idee - besonders auch die Briefmarke passend mit 40+20 ist super dazu. Gerade solche Kleinigkeiten machen's aus!
    Ach ja, und Brushes sind doch was ganz Tolles!
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genial gemacht Johanna! WoW!
    Danke für's Zeigen bei Moo Mania & More!
    xxx
    Susi
    Hab ein schönes Wochenende!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fascinating details here.
    Making Photoshop brushes from a carved stamp!
    The beautiful postage stamp with 40 + 20, clever!
    And how it is all put together to make such a unique birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea making the photoshop brushes from the stamp! Clever idea. Thanks for joining in with us at ON&DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, das hast du genial gelöst. Sieht super aus.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the thought that has gone into your make, and how all your elements came together. thank you for entering the ONDT challenge. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative card. I bet you brother-in-law loved it. Jx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber