social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Thursday, June 11, 2015

summer of color: blue - blue - green

 
"summer of Color" is a challenge which runs for 6 weeks
 
for the first week the Task is to use 2 blue tones and 1 green
 
as you may have noticed i´m in a heavy stitching mode;)
i made this:
 
 
i made a stencil with the small seahorses (movers and shapers series) from tim holtz, cutting These dies into a thick transparency; mixed a light green Color with acrylics and sponged it onto a Strip of fabric (one of the slightly blue toned ones from the blueberry Experiment recently).
 
 
then i took two different shades of blue darning yarn and stitched wavy lines with the running stitch.
such a meditative practice... easy to do and good for calming down.


 
and of course also linked to moo mania & more with the free theme.

26 comments:

  1. Super schön ist das geworden Johanna!
    Ich bin immer wieder fasziniert von der Wirkung der Stiche!!!
    Lieben Dank für's Verlinken zu Moo Mania & More !
    Hab einen schönen Tag!
    lg
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganz toll geworden. Danke auch fürs verlinken zur Moo Mania and more, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hübsche Idee mit den Seepferdchen in den Wellen! Du bist jetzt bestimmt ganz tiefenentspannt... LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super project, all that sewing must have taken hours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stitching how you made it appear as water. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great effect with the contrast of stitches and stencil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the seahorse stencil. I wonder what it will become!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your stitching idea. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW, Johanna. I'm glad you stitched, but you went above and beyond. I don't have any dies, so of course, I can't make a stencil like you made, but I wish I could because I LOVE what you made. If only I could hand sew, too. This is beyond gorgeous. I can't say it enough how much I like this.

    To answer your question, no my SOC entry is NOT a prayer flag, but, after I punch holes in the top and add a hanger, it will be a wall hanging. I'm pretty anal about covering and hiding the mechanics of my art, so I always decorate the back, too. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow - was für eine Fleißarbeit - aber es hat sich gelohnt denn es sieht fantastisch aus!!!!
    Ganz liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geniale Idee und klasse umgesetzt, sehen ganz toll aus die gestickten Wellen.
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  12. An incredible mixed media piece Johanna- a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow -what a super fantastic entry for this week-and a theme I love so!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you did using this week's SOC colors! The stitching really adds a cool touch to your work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work! I find colored pencil (drawing hair) to be meditative. You did great with that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wie herrlich, das macht Lust auf Urlaub am Meer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work with the darning wool and the sweet sea-horses.
    Yes, that must have been very relaxing, a lovely kantha-type sew-in.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seahorses, they are so elegant, and your stitching sets them off perfectly. Jx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber