as i showed in my previous post i started an Experiment "dying with frozen blueberries".
and These are the results:
the first fabrics soaked up the defrosting blueberries very well,
as you can see on the sample and the Close ups above
of course the most intense Color appeared on the first Strip (photo below),
which laid at the bottom of the bowl and soaked up the thaw water there.
i sieved the berries and saved the melting water in a small bowl.
into this bowl with the purple water i put wet stripes of Cotton Standing upwards, so they soaked some of the colored water (hanging on the tree they were wet and more intense, the Color fades a bit when drying)
i repeated layering berries and Cotton (White and off-White) in the bigger bowl.
best is to dampen the fabric to avoid hard edges.
i think i made three repetitions and the fabric Colors became less intense. of Course.
(actually didn´t let them sit for a Long time)
then i let the dry fabrics sit overnight and ironed them today (thought that might fix it a bit).
next step was soaking them in a bucket with cold water and vinegar for an hour or two (had read somewhere that would fix the Colors).
put them into the washing machine (cold, 30 min)
the Color totally changed.
that was not what i had expected. i had been afraid it could bleach too much,
but not supposed there was a real Change of Color.
and actually: i like it!
it is somewhat Indigo coloring, cool!!
a Little fading also, well, of course...
but i really like this blue!
(esp on the off-White there also is some greenish Color, but i think hard to see on the [second] photo)
now if i really want to have it purple, i know i will not wash it (for many of my purposes washing isn´t intended, so i can leave it)
and if i want some Indigo, i know the way. and i maybe can Play with intensity by using more berries. or letting them sit longer.