(this is a scheduled post. today i´m officially celebrating my retirement from School with a big Party all day long - i quit because of health issues, and i think this was the right decision... from tomorrow on i will be on a sewing retreat in the alpine upland and have fun sewing and stitching together with some pals - in my own pace, no Workshops... will be back here on wednesday. ciao for now! have a great Weekend.)
today we have the rare Occasion of a blue moon (which is the term for a second full moon within one calendar month).
i used a photo of heracleum seeds (i have quite of lot of them;)), layered it with textures from artistry and kim Klassen and added a brush from Sissy sparrows (the circle seemed to stand well for the moon...).
then i made a postal stamp from all These elements and added a cancellation brush. text "once in a blue moon" written with font byron.
linking it to art Journal journey.
(i wish i could have made more for this "postal" challenge, as it is absolutely my theme, but i´m still addicted to stitching... and when i looked for my gelli print Journal, i couldn´t find it...)
well, i´m procrastinating on my urge to pack the things i will take with me at the Weekend...
so i can Show you some preparations i made...
i will take with me two more old Jeans pieces (though i intend to make not so much on them in the four days, These are good for evening stitchings or stitching in the garden...)
i rust dyed quite some White Cotton recently:
on wednesday i decided to dye some cheesecloth, as i love its structure and it is lightweight to take anywhere.
i found an envelope on the attic with some cheesecloth, the order dating back to 2008. (now i could say that is the typical time things are awaiting their use here, haha!)
AND: the dye-inks are actually silk dyes, dating back to the last century (they have D-Mark Prices on them; and well, it was more than 25 years ago that i silk dyed. but: do not throw away anything;))
i water soaked bits of the cheesecloth and put them in glasses, then dropped silk paints over them and let them sit for a while...
there was only a small rest of the yellow Color, so i dyed it in the sink (i could better handle it there, whyever...)
in the end it felt like easter:
i let the Colors sit for about 2-3 hours,
then i took them out and spread them on old newspaper to let them dry.
(i was a bit impatient, maybe should have dried them totally, but the weather was not so fine this day.)
with one of them (ultramarine) i thought i might create a net pattern on one of the rusted pieces.
i brayered it in the wet condition over the Cloth. well, that was a bit heavy and i was not sooo happy with the instant result (should have waited and let it dry a bit, maybe...)
but then, after drying, i thought it looked ok:
next step: wanted to fix the Color and make it waterproof (though i think i mainly will use it on items that will not be washed...)
the instructions said i should iron the Cloth or put them into the oven for 15 min (wrapped in alu foil, 150°c)
they were not all dried through afterwards (i definitely should have waited longer before putting them into the stove!)
i tried to handwash this lightening blue Piece and it lost lots of Color. so i decided to stop rinsing the pieces and just let the rest be as is.