social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, July 20, 2015

sea life

sea life is the theme of the current challenge at take-a-word,
so i will Show one of my new sewings:
 
 
this is a pouch for Holding letters, paper etc...
paints in the Background are acrylics,
then i stitched with some blue & Brown yarn.
 
before i sewed it together (by Hand) i added a photo (i bought on ebay a while ago) with the buttonhole stitch

(backside)
 

19 comments:

  1. Ganz toll, Du warst wieder fleißig. Dir einen schönen Tag, GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes most people WEEKS to make one of these hand sewn beauties, but you seem to whip them out with ease. I adore the way you have sewn around the image, but even more so, the way you painted the background, then sewed by hand what one imagines is the sea and the shore. This is really, really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... mir gefällt, dass du den Stickstich für die Wellen in unterschiedlichen Höhen gesetzt hast. Das wirkt sehr lebendig.
    ...es ist heute nur 22° - und ich friere! LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo fits in perfectly with your stitched background, Johanna, interesting & creative piece once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stitching, and the painted background is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the switched and painted BG, and the photo-idea is excellent! Great artwork Johanna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das ist wunderschön gearbeitet und sieht toll aus Johanna!
    Eine schöne neue Woche wünsch ich Dir!
    lg
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hand-stitched art, Johanna. Your work is always a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything Elizabeth has said! Yes it would take me far longer to think of this, then to do it.
    I love your arty sewing and your little pouch is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you have painted the background and then stitched your art work together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Johanna, I so wish I could make something like this .. it's amazing. Are you sure you can't come and live next door to me and show me how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Johanna.
    This is brilliant!
    Really enjoyed clicking for a closer look.
    What you are doing with needle, thread, paint and paper is SO inspiring and wonderful.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Das ist wieder ein tolles Teil geworden. Wenn ich deine Stickerei so anschaue werde ich immer wieder an die Schulzeit erinnert... und an einen Turnbeutel mit verschiedenen Stichreihen :O

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a gorgeous pouch, Johanna! I love how you sewed it by hand! The background is gorgeous and I love the textures, too! And that photo is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous pouch with such a natural feel to it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber