social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Sunday, August 16, 2015

3 in a row

the three rows were made by brayering leftover acrylic paints on a Piece of Cotton.
 
then i started stitching to my hearts desire.
 
i thought i might make it a wall hanging and include some photos of my children.
so far you see only placeholders (old ebay photos), as i want to turn some old ones from my sons into black and White and add them here with buttonhole stitches.
 






 
some closer Details of the stitches:






 
i think about hanging the fabric from a twig cut off our apple tree.

16 comments:

  1. Very clever idea, Johanna, they are absolutely gorgeous, I bet you had fun making them :)

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sieht das schön aus! Deine Stickwerke werden immer kunstvoller auch in der Variation der Stickstiche. Hier gefällt mir der farbige Hintergrund besonders gut - du bist ein richtiger Fabric-Artist geworden!
    Hier regnet es endlich auch - Sonntagsgruß von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderbar kann ich da nur sagen... ein Meisterwerk Johanna! Das wird ein genialer Wandschmuck!
    Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen Sonntag!
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww das ist ja wieder toll. Das wird ein ganz wunderbarer Wandbehang.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine tolle Idee Johanna, du bist richtig floot und fleißig mit dem Sticken - schön! GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Acrylfarbe auf Stoff - tolle Wirkung. Und das Sticken hat dich in der Tat voll gefangen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply marvelous, I love the color gradation in the fabric and your fancy stitches. The photos are perfect on this richly textured background. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well aren't YOU the clever one. First, I adore that you brayered paint onto the fabric, then I loved how all three of these went so well together after they were stitched. Simply wonderful project, and a great idea for the hanger, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are breathtaking!! I love the combination of paint and stitching...and the black and white photos are a wonderful contrast. thank you for stopping by my blog...so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouaouh! This is wonderful Johanna!
    I'm always amazed by your huge and eclectic talent and by your without fault real good taste.
    I do love you artwork and wish I could do so beautiful pieces.
    Your fan, ever.

    (Thank you so very much for your sweet comments even when I'm not in Blog Land for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Johanna, this is so amazingly creative! I love your stitching and how you added the wonderful photos, too! Absolutely stunning work of art and it has a real meaning for you, too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great choice of colors and your sons' lovely photos are so sweet! Well done! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW WOW WOW Johanna!
    Great effect brayering the paint onto the fabric and your stitches make everything come alive and sing.
    Brilliant idea to use family photos too which will make this extra special along with a branch from your apple tree (which holds so much rich symbolism!!!)
    Can you tell I'm crazy about what you're making here ♥
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many lovely details, beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love this. Amazing colours and stitching and happy memories too!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber