social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Sunday, August 09, 2015

...and it never stops


i scribbled a lot of thoughts about time on this page, varying the directions, it was not intended to be read by others (and as half of it is covered by the Picture it is illegible anyway).
the word "time" is stamped with an Alpha from ma Vinci.
 
(btw, ma Vinci is back with its wonderful stamps. the new address is:
 
 
for the Picture i took a photo i made last September, altered it to almost b/w and wrote words onto it which i stiched with red yarn.
 
now, what is it that never stops for you?
put your own thinking cap on;)
 
linked to ajj´s theme "time" 

12 comments:

  1. Goodness, dear Johanna. You seem to stitch on everything now, even the lovely ferris wheel photo. I would not like it if the wheel never stopped, because I'd be on the ride of my life.

    Combining stamping, sewing, photography, and your own words, this is a wonderful Time entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine tolle Arbeit,gut gemacht! Danke fürs Mitmachen bei Art Journal Journey, GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eine wundervolle Arbeit Johanna!
    Raffiniert auf dem Bild zu sticken.. erinnert mich ein wenig an die Stickkarten aus meienr Kindheit..die hab ich geliebt.. Du weisst schon, wo die Löcher schon vorgestanzt waren.
    Danke für's Zeigen bei Art Journal Journey!
    Einen schönen Sonntag wünsche ich Dir!
    Jo--- auch bei uns ist noch affenheiss..
    SUMMERTIME!!!
    Bussi
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jaaa, die mochte ich auch gerne...
      ansonsten ist hier mein hirn nahezu geschmolzen... für 35° bin ich einfach nicht ausgelegt...

      Delete
  4. Fabulous page , love how you have stitched the words, they pop off the page.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, it doesn't stop, but sometimes I wish I would. Lovely page today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, it doesn't stop, but sometimes I wish I would. Lovely page today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Johanna! With this page you have captured perfectly the essence of the time theme. Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool creation with so many special techniques Johanna. I am really enjoying you stitching on anything/everything that holds still for a bit ;-)!!!
    I realize again and again that my Love of nature never stops...on Saturday we visited the lotuses again (click click click!!!) and today we were in a field of sunflowers for a couple of hours...all of this nature is keeping my camera batteries warm!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, das ist eine ganz tolle Seite. Sehr schön finde ich auch das Gestickte... gute Idee
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very striking! Your red stitching really stands out against the b&w photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Klasse wie du das Foto in Szene gesetzt hast.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber