social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Thursday, September 03, 2015

fabric patches: rusted, stamped and stitched

 
i always love the way you can combine various Tools and media in the artistic world.
currently i love to stamp on fabric (here: cloth i rusted this summer) with acrylic paint...
 

 
... and then stitching around the pattern.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

 
here i took a running stitch in red between the pods;
i noticed the needle wouldn´t run smoothly through the rust parts, so i left them out.
 
 
all stamps i used here are from red Castle/ judi kauffman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
the next one is a fabric patch with ironed on (wonder-under) rusted glasses-cleaning-paper,
also stitched on in red.
 
 
i suppose These patches will become part of wrapping covers of journals, ring binders etc.


14 comments:

  1. Diese Farben zusammen finde ich großartig. Wieder tolle Patches! ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolle Werke, ich bewundere immer Dein Geduld mit der Stickerei - sieht toll aus! GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die Farben und Deine Stickerei drauf --- spitze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haaaa, Johanna, your art is increasingly personal and your expertise is more and more effective.
    I follow your artwork with a constant curiosity and you never disappoint me, it's rather the opposite.
    It's a real joy to visit you my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowww, wieder so schöne Werke. Was für eine tolle Idee, um das Gestempelte herum zu sticken. Ja, die Farben zusammen finde ich auch super schön.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed looking at each and every photo close up and more than once Johanna.
    The blue works perfectly with the rust as do your red stitches...all so very cool!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous. I have some fabric sitting in a jar with rusty nails, vinegar and mullein plant leaves. We'll see what happens in a few days. Also some rust water and coffee grounds too. I love your stitching around the patterns. Blue and rust, such a good combo. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blue and rust go together so well.
    I like that you do stitching, just because you like to do it, and then wonderful and unusual art comes out of it.
    You would be a great addition to our textile group, unfortunately distance might be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I've never hand stitched around ANYTHING, I have noticed I've had to rinse my rusty fabric up to three times to get some of the worst rust out before it's soft enough to work with. I'm sure some of the rust was more concentrated than other parts.

    I certainly LIKE that blue painted and stitched part of the fabric. There's something about cobalt blue and rust that just seems right. So glad you shared these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three wonderful pieces - the rust and blue go together so well and your stitching enhances them beautifully. (I love those stamps!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous piece, my friend. Pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The blue looks great against the rust! Love it! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber