social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Wednesday, September 16, 2015

playing digitally

actually watching ulrike´s blog i got the kick to Play a Little digitally in between all my stitching meanderings... i´m afraid to more and more lose the skills i learnt in photoshop...
 
i thought to Play with three challenges:
digital whisper: umbrella
 
 
the first one turned out quite halloweeny.
i took a Background from sussieM_witching hour (scrapbookgraphics) and various elements incl wordart from the same set; Spiders and cobwebs from cryztal rain_one ghostly night (deviantscrap);
 Frame from shadowhouse
 
[maybe this one is a tad too dark, but it could be just the contrast to the following...]
~~~~~~~

 
second one: Background is a mix of layers from kim Klassen and Nancy Donaldson;
Giraffe and moon from itkupilli (deviantscrap), everything toned down into the whitish direction.
font i bought last week named "sun kissed" (i mean, i HAD to buy a font with this Name, i´m sure everbody can understand;))
~~~~~~~

 
here i took all elements out of a kit from deviantscrap - holliewood: stark
only Thing i changed was the Color of the words to stay in the Color scheme.
they read: life is just a blank slate, what matters most is what you write on it (Christine frankland)

25 comments:

  1. Die sind aber toll - denke so viel wirst Du nicht verlernt haben .. aber ich versteh Dich schon, kann ich mir gut vorstellen, dass man da schnell wieder vergisst und dann länger herum tun muss bis einem das alles wieder einfällt. Ich hab immer noch nicht mit Photoshop angefangen... vielleicht wird es ja in 2016 was mit mir und Photoshop....
    Danke für ein tolles Halloweenfenster für Art Journal Journey!
    Lieben Gruß
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolle Digital Werke, besonders das erste Stück gefällt mir sehr gut. Danke fürs Mitmachen bei Art Journal Journey, GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, verlernt hast du wirklich nichts! Ist super geworden deine Schirm-Collage!
    Du scheinst ja schon im Halloween-Modus zu sein ... aber das ist ja bei diesem trüben Wetter auch kein Wunder.
    Ha, dann habe ich dich also motiviert, mal wieder was Digitales zu machen. Freut mich, denn deine Beiträge sind immer sehenswert! LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Life piece especially, Johanna, and of course the spooky one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ich hab nur Augen für das erste Bild, das ist einfach der Hammer!! Spontan kam mir Spitzwegs "der arme Poet" in den Sinn *gg* Also die Kreation ist eine tolle super gelungene Komposition, ich bin begeistert!

    LG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super digital work. Love all what you did, Johanna.
    You've great talent for this technique, indeed.
    Can't chose fav as all are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great digital work. I like the spooky window and the elephant especially. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your white elephant, Johanna, and the Halloweeny piece too. Glad to see your digital art again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the spooky one, Johanna, and then the middle one which is very serene, but mostly I LOVE the elephant one best of all. So glad to see you back here, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm certainly very happy that you've not completely gave up the digital job and the friendly challenges.
    You're back to virtual life with wonderful white elephant and white giraffe in a white surreal universe.
    I love the purity, the simplicity of these white images, mixed with a rich combination of elements perfectly placed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to see you're equally as talented digitally as in mixed media, Johanna. I love that font, and I love the message in the last one. All are superb! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your spooky window! You have nailed the "white" challenge with both your collages. The humour in the first one is priceless, great job!♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallo Johanna, deine digitalen Werke sind alle klasse. Ganz besonders mach ich das erste Bild, das ist einfach Hammer.
    Endlich hatte ich mal wieder Zeit bei dir etwas zu stöbern..tolle Werke hast du in letzter Zeit wieder her gezeigt.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each of your creations are very cool Johanna!
    The elephant with your new "sun kissed" (Yes!!!) quote speaks to me especially ;-)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admit that I am a fool for digital. Maybe because I don't seem to have the knack or the time it takes to learn it, but it really makes me smile when I see it. You are SO talented, and I really like that you use your skills when not stitching, painting, carving, dyeing, or one of the many other talents you have.

    I especially like the first one. After all, it won't be long til Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your halloweeny creation is boooo-tiful, and the elephant one is just soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love digital and I love your art themes of entries.

    Mine are up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic art digital!!! The spooky piece is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All three are excellent. Your umbrella piece is perfect for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once upon a time......it's like a book jacket illustration, I do like it very much, and I like the way the raven is just sitting, waiting. It would make a good spooky card too.
    Your white pieces are very striking, how difficult to make a white picture and the quote on the elephant picture is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful work all, I adore your white elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning pieces, my friend. Love the gorgeous elephants too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful artwork :)
    Thanks so much for playing in my challenge

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber