social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, October 27, 2015

T stands for gelli prinTing

 
finally another Journal page for ajj (architecture this month´s theme)
 
i managed to make some new Backgrounds in my Journal with the gelli plate.
we do some internal Workshops at our retreat - no "new re-invention of the wheel", but we also enjoy repeating things we did some time ago, and here one of our Group showed to use "stuff everybody has at home" with the gelli plate...


 


 
this dotted foam stamp Looks gorgeous, but unfortunately all the dots untightened when they were cleaned under the water... :(

 
the pattern was cut out of a Styropor plate;
underneath the plate some foam stamps, made with die cuts and the bigshot.

 
various foam rollers...
 
and i mentioned it before: we were spoilt there with excellent Food:
 
 
 
sliced Turkey with coconut Sauce
 
 
the mousse au chocolat hat a sugar crown...
 
 
and the mandatory Espresso.
 
linked to elizabeth´s T/Tuesday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
now for the Journal page...
i had made this Background simply by printing a painted embossing Folder onto the yellow/orange page.

 
normally i use "original stuff", as continuous replenishment is everywhere... but not with this.
years ago i had the Chance to buy some original blueprints from a Chicago railroad Company... anima designs sold them as a fleamarket find, if i remember right; and they were quite expensive in shipping, because they were oversized.
so in this case i scanned parts of them and took the prints for this page.
the prints Show the construction of a Bridge,
so i searched brainyquote and found this one...
do you remember the last time you burned a Bridge - or got one burned?
(my last one was the retirement... not going back to work released a lot of energy in me...
so i can really relate to this Quote)

23 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely things on show today! Danke fürs Mitmachen bei Art Journal Journey, and happy T Day. GLG, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know who caters your meals at these retreats. You certainly eat like queens (and have the crown to show it, too).

    I have two different flip-flops that I've used on paint, but not on the gelli. Each has a different pattern. I have never seen those sponge or rubbery rollers before. I have, on the other hand, seen (and own) one of those hair catchers for your shower/tub. I like how you showed things to use from around the house, and I've even used a few of them, but, as I said, not on a gelli.

    I adore your burned bridges, and since I love blueprints, this was right up my alley. I can see why some things are too precious to use , while others can be found if you look hard enough.

    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous art, your gelli tools, your great food, AND your espresso with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of our Group owns a Hotel (yeah, luxury pure!) and we can eat what the kitchen produces. normally we can choose between one or two Appetizers, three meals (meat, fish, vegetarian) and we can get Dessert, too. don´t ask my scales after These days...

      Delete
  3. Eine super Seite - Art Journal Joureny sagt DANKE!
    Dein Treffen muss wieder toll gewesen sein - klasse!
    Das Essen sieht leckerst aus und Ihr hattet sicher viel Spaß beim Werkeln mit Euren Print Making Tools der anderen Art!
    Hab eine schöne neue Woche!
    Happy T-Day!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journal pages and very interesting stamping ideas. How fabulous your friend has a hotel! Your food certainly looks like awesome hotel fayre :D
    Thanks for your comment on my post; fyi, we actually had glorious weather for the whole of our stay :D Unlike last August when it DID rain every day, lol . Happy T Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blueprint pages! And I love the food photos-yum-yum- and cool techniques at your retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to Love in your post Johanna!
    REAL blueprints and what you did with them is super.
    The flipflop has a great pattern. My local art group played with styrofoam recently too cutting stencils.
    Brilliant idea to revisit things we enjoyed in the past combining them now with some of the new things we enjoy. Friends and art and gourmet dining...who could ask for more!
    Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what fun!! And I love the idea of using the flip flop! It's amazing the things you can use for printing. A super journal page and really elegant meal too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking us on your retreat. The food looks yummy and it's great to get new ideas for techniques. (I recognize the filter from my Senseo coffee pads).
    The blueprints are awesome! I love them. Lucky you!
    Thanks for visiting me earlier,
    Have a fab Tuesday and a very good week too,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stenciling and stamping. I like foam stamps on fabric and never though of using my big shot to cut shapes. Thanks for the tip, duh on my part. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blueprints were quite the find! I love your little white espresso cup. :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blueprint images and the quote! awesome ideas for geli printing too...never thought of using a flip flop for design! happy T/Espresso day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the various stamps you have used here. Your journal page looks awesome.
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Na endlich - so ein umfangreicher und dazu noch appetitlicher Post heute wieder! Tolle Gelli-Print Ideen zeigst du hier - ich kann mir den Spaß beim Werkeln so richtig vorstellen.
    Natürlich gefällt mir der Blueprint auch super, klasse Motiv, und du hast eine wunderbare Seite daraus gemacht.
    Morgen komme ich hier auch endlich mal wieder raus und freu mich auf den Besuch bei Anna.
    Liebe Grüße von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is nice to see that beautiful art can be made with very accessible supplies. I know I overlook a lot of things I could craft with! Thanks for the peak into the retreat--the food would be enough to keep me returning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty art and great ideas for using things around the house. Happy T Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to read about your workshop activities, and the different materials you can use to print.
    I like your AJJ piece - burning bridges can be so liberating and the art is so interesting with the bridges blueprints.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the art this week ♥ Those blue prints are very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! So much to see today! The retreat looks productive and you certainly ate well! I love your page! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I don't know which to go after first: the Gelli plate or the plate of some wonderful food with jelly! Thank you for the inspiration--I need to play with my Gelli plate soon! Happy T-Day, Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an interesting post. I love all those different 'stamps', especially the flip-flop. They're so creative. And, those original blueprints are amazing and look so good on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous art, food and that flip flop is superb!They are so cheap here and when they are upside down, our patterns are so different from yours!Look at this:
    https://www.google.com.br/search?q=havaianas&biw=1280&bih=675&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIjrTM8ZjwyAIVhcaQCh2sUAWw
    Happy T Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks so creative!
    I love the fireworks display you've realized with your tree photo!
    (You look to have a great artist material and great meals too :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber