social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 / 2016

 
collaged art journaling (>ajj) with cut outs from art magazines, postal stamps from Donald Evans and a custom made Label - thanks to the hostesses of this wonderful challenge all year through...
*********
 
considering my blog to be sort of my artistic diary, and meanwhile collecting the results on a pinterest board (my work in 2015), i can reflect what i made in the outgoing year.
my profile says i´m a paper and fabric junkie, and i think the year 2015 definitely had an emphasis on fabric. seems i felt stuck in always making similar things and needed a turn, at least for a while...
i frequently recognize such turning points (i had a long phase of digital focus, which totally is in the background now... actually i seem to forget a lot of the things i learned...).
prevents me from getting bored, i suppose.
stamps from claudine hellmuth

but then: it is always a pleasure to mix things, as with this simple piece:
stamping (the starting point of my creativity two decades ago), in this case onto fabric, which i put onto a rusted base (2015 was a big year of cloth rusting for me!) - and then stitching with the running stitch.

very often i just make pieces without having a clue of further destination... would be good to finish more of my works in the new year. but no resolutions actually, i don´t want to feel guilty in not-fulfilling, i just want to play on... well, sometimes "useful" results (as blankets etc) would be good, but we will see...

as for a reference of my older work i still have my picturetrail, but it wasn´t updated for a very long time, and almost nobody visits there. so i will not renew when the annual fee will be due in spring. it was good for sorting, but i can look in my data files and nobody else seems to be interested. it is a relict of former times...

what will 2016 bring? of course i have wishes and hopes, but then: at the moment my life is at a good point, which i enjoy and am grateful for.
 
 
recently i was spoilt with this Dessert: cake with a hot melted chocolate core... heavenly!
(with thanks to elizabeth for Hosting t/tuesday)
i´m wishing for a good year for all my visitors here,
and i hope blogging will go on (i will have my 10th anniversary in march) - it is so much more filled with quality compared with the social (and sometimes asocial) media around... i could not recap my work on facebook (often superficial and fast moving; i´m not registered there), but i can at my blog any time (via archive and labels).

a big thank you to all of you for visiting and commenting.

and finally a photo of a patch i made a while ago: the spiral - does it move inward to a focal point, or outward to expand... either way, i suppose... trying to find my center and always on the lookout for new things...
woolen yarn laid to form a spiral and couched with narrow stitches,
space filled with buttonhole stitches in various blue tones

so up into a new year! (may it be healthy...)

23 comments:

  1. What a truly wonderful post, Johanna. Your collage is gorgeous. The hot colors are just what I needed to see right now, since it's frozen, icy, and windy here.

    I have friends who used to be on Picturetrail, but I agree that it's a relic from days gone by. I believe it's gone the way of what many think will happen with blogging. BUT, for people like you and me, blogging IS the way of the present, past, and future. My blog has been around since July, 2005, and I guess that makes us both either "old timers" or "pioneers."

    LOVE that chocolate dessert. Made me quite hungry, too. It was clever the way you added the cup of hot brew, too.

    Like you, I see changes in my art. I sometimes wonder if my best art isn't behind me. I'm leaning more toward fabric, too, but mine will NEVER look as good as yours.

    Thanks for sharing these thoughts and photos with us for T this Tuesday, and I hope you have a wonderful new year that promises possibly another turning point for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I first must say your dessert looks sooooo yummy. And then I must say I love your collage. Your lady looks almost like she could be a mermaid, but those waves look pretty cold, so I don't know why she would want to swim in it, but I think that is me. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is all about change isn't it.
    It is always a pleasure to see what you are creating and enjoying Johanna.
    Your collage is so warm and glowing. I am drawn to the postage stamps...just used some in a collage that I will share soon.
    I am looking forward to another year of friendship and inspiration with you.
    Wishing you Ein Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.
    Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your artwork is great, and thanks for making another collage for Art Journal Journey, but the star of the show today is once again the cake for me! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine wunderschöne Collage Johanna und ein toller Endjahrespost insgesamt! Danke für Deine treue Unterstützung von Art Journal Journey und Moo Mania & More in diesem Jahr und Gesundheit, Glück und viel Freude am Werkeln für das kommende Jahr!
    Happy T-Day!
    Diese Schokoding ist ein Instantglücksbringer, dem ich nicht wiederstehen könnte!

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wunderschöne Spirale...und starte gut ins Neue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great collage. I love the elegant lady.
    A d your desert is truly scrummy! A melting chocolate heart. Yummm...
    I love the spiral. Is it lace or crochet or what? I am reading this on a small device and I cant see very well.
    Happy Tday,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic post Johanna. Your collage is fantastic-great color choices as the cool blues pop off the vibrant background! Your stitched house piece is beautiful as is your spiral. You now I feel as you do about blogging-and 10 years for you -wow-I guess I'm a newbie-lol! I also think it's a really good thing to move around to different areas of art in order to keep fresh and inspired. Wishing you a happy T day and a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds about right to me, inspiration comes from many sources, I jump around too and it puts a bit of punch into what I'm making. Spirals and circles always moving to the center, and your lovely piece of stitched home also in the middle, I sense a theme. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the art this week ♥ The collage is fantastic and love love love the fiber work. Like you I am always jumping around with my creative endeavors.You just never know what is going to strike my fancy this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative year you've had my friend.Love the spiral specially for the symbolism contained in it.Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy your postings. Best wishes for your upcoming 11th year of blogging. Mareena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work. I enjoyed your reflection on 2015 and am looking forward to visiting in the new year!
    Happy T day and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Auch ich bin gespannt auf die Weiterentwicklung deiner Fabric-Art... irgendwie habe ich das Gefühl, dass du in diesem Jahr etliche Grundsteine gelegt hast, auf die du wunderbar bauen kannst mit deiner Kreativität.
    Es ist immer wieder spannend, deinen Blog zu besuchen... und ich staune, bist du wirklich schon so lange dabei!?
    Auf ein tolles, gesundes und rundum erfülltes neues Jahr, liebe Johanna!
    Lieben Gruß von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a yummy-looking dessert!

    I agree with you about blogging. I'm on FB, and for me it's a way to keep in touch with people I know who don't live close and people whom I've never met but who are kindred spirits. It's not as good for long-form writing and keeping organized archives of tagged material. I hope there's always a way to maintain the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy T-day Joanna!!
    Great post, art, as life, is always changing and evolving into something new. I'm not giving up my blog for other social medias.....so we will be visiting each other for long time.....LOL..and I don't think we will be alone either.
    Happy New Year, may it bring you good health and be overflowing with happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous post! I love your collage pages! The coil of yarn is gorgeous! I will not be going to Facebook for several reasons - it's blogging for me even if they are making changes soon! The cake looks very tempting! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Die Collage ist klasse geworden. Gefällt mir sehr gut.
    Auch deine Näharbeit und die Spirale sind beiden total toll.
    Falls wir uns vorher nicht mehr lesen wünsche ich dir einen gute Rutsch ins neue Jahr.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your collage pages are absolutely amazing and all my teammates at essay-writer-club totally agree with my opinion. I hope you'll make more such beauty in the future. Best wishes in a New Year from all our team!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wunderschöne Collage, aber das bestickte Haus und die Spirale sind meine Favoriten für heute! Wünsche Dir ein glückliches und gesundes neues Jahr ♥ Conny http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another great post!
    I do like the way you have filled in the spiral, makes it quite unique.
    The blue houses look very cosy inside their warm stitching, and that looks as if it was a cosy stitching to do.
    Your book pages are delightful, the cold blue sea and the warm colours, and it looks like a very sweet little book, just the kind of size I like.
    Best wishes for 2016, "see" you there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. More one creative year.Let us dissolve our emotions in colors and images in magic.Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Liebe Johanna, ich hoffe du hattest schöne Weihnachtstage im Kreise deiner Familie! Ich wünsche dir ein gesundes, glückliches und kreatives neues Jahr!

    LG Gaby

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber