social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, April 19, 2016

barcelona (1)

i´m back - physically.
after 5 days in Barcelona i´m trying to get back to normal. on the last day my husband and i have got some infection (with fever and intestine issues - fortunately it only broke through when we were home... but we feel weak and exhausted).
 
anyway - it was a wonderful trip and of course i will make a photo book of it.
so my time the next weeks (probably...) will be focussed on my oodles of photos,
and i will share some of them here.
 
 
this street perfomer is my entry for this week´s TsfT;)
 
our Hotel was located absolutely central at the "ramblas" - near the opera Gran Teatre del Liceu
(below)
 
 
the spanish and the catalan flag:
 
 
on our first day we walked to the cathedral (engl / deutsch)
 
 
 
there are a lot of gargoyles around it,
but i thought this ram was a very Special one:

 
 
the cathedral has a wonderful cloister, where 13 geese are living...
various interpretations are given for them: they were good Guardians in the past... the White feathers are representing immaculacy...
(and the number 13 is due to the Age of Eulalia, when she suffered her martyrdom - she is the Patron saint of this cathedral)

 
and at the fountain the dancing egg Tradition is performed on the feast of corpus christi
(info here - engl)


 
the choir stalls from the
knights of the Order of the Golden Fleece
 

 
the ceiling:
 
 
as mentioned, the cathedral is dedicated to Eulalia of Barcelona,
whose Body is entombed in the cathedral's crypt.
 
 
Walking around in the alleys of the quarter "barri gotic"...




 
down to the Harbour:

 
the Aerial tramway to the Montjuïc hill:
 
 
These are some impressions of our first day... more to come...

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos, glad you enjoyed your trip, and hope you soon feel better. happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Städtereisen gehen doch immer,oder!?Sieht nach einer guten Zeit dort aus.Meine Liebelingsfotos : der
    Straßenkünstler, die SCHUHE und das Feinkostregal.Ich liebe Essen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, Johanna. I am IN LOVE. The cathedral is gorgeous and the spires in that church are incredible. So are the geese, for that matter. I am in total awe.

    Gosh, I wish you felt better, and were as enthused about these photos as I. I simply adore everything you shared today.

    Thanks for this wonderful first day in Barcelona that you shared with us for T this Tuesday. Now please feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschöne Impressionen - du wirst wohl wieder Hunderte von Fotos gemacht haben - dieser Traumstadt, bin gespannt auf mehr!
    Die Gänse im Kloster gefallen mir sehr, auch Straßenkünstler mit Löffel im Hut und Tasse auf der Schulter...
    Ich kann dir gut nachfühlen, dass du es kaum noch abwarten kannst, dein Fotobuch anzufangen... wirst aber sicher noch ein paar Tage brauchen, um richtig wieder anzukommen.
    Liebe Grüße von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow-and all that from just one day! LOVE the cathedral-so magnificent looking.Looking forward to seeing more. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! So many stunning photos! Love the Mad Hatter, and the history and art of the places you visited. The cathedral is really mind boggling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! So many stunning photos! Love the Mad Hatter, and the history and art of the places you visited. The cathedral is really mind boggling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful trip! I would definitely go to a tea party with that mad hatter lol Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a wonderful varied set of photographs. I look forward to seeing some more of your "oodles"(!) (love "oodles") of photos.
    I also love gargoyles and haven't seen a ram one before, I must have a closer look at the ones in the buildings here.
    The shops looks so different, colourful and fascinating.
    Sorry to hear you have not been well but how lucky that it happened after you got home (if "lucky" is the right word).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous photos - I would love to visit Barcelona one day! Sorry to hear you came back with a bug - we are still feeling weary while recovering from the one we caught in Paris! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you got a bug, but looking at your photos, you had a great time. Barcelona is an interesting city. I love it and have been several times. I recognise some of the things you have shown. But I hadn't been to the cathedral. It's beautiful, especially the choir stalls.
    Thanks for sharing your pictures,
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about the infection you got. The pictures you have shared look wonderful. Hope you recover soon
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Cathedral is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Sorry to hear you caught an awful bug too.
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you had a great time on just your first day in Barcelona. I really loved the photo of all the colored shoes in the store window. Hope you get your energy back soon. I'm leaving tonight for Madrid and then catching a train to Pamplona to start walking the Camino Santiago. My son will post photos on my blog that I send home from the road.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos, I have enjoyed my visit.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ich hoffe Du fühlst DIch bald wieder ganz gesund! Wunderschöne Bilder sind das - fantastische Impressionen!

    Sei lieb gegrüßt und gute Besserung!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry you ended up sick but I really enjoyed the photo tour!
    Happy T day...really late!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic views. That's some cathedral, geese and all. My son got to go a few years back on a school trip. He came home with 600 photos. Bet you did too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ich hoffe, du und dein Mann haben sich mittlerweile wieder erholt. Die Infekte meinen es in diesem Jahr nicht wirklich gut :/
    Vielen Dank für's Teilen der Fotos, ich bin schon auf weitere gespannt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi great job.
    http://auratrends.co.uk/
    http://grabbit.com.pk/
    http://theleggingshop.se/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Barcelona is such an amazing city. I'm glad you enjoyed your time there and that the infection didn't spoil your trip. I hope you are both feeling better.
    Thanks for sharing your photos. Look forward to seeing the others.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bad way to end your trip...sorry for that, but good at least that you had a great and full five days to enjoy such a fabulous city!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber