social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, May 17, 2016

family time

whitsun means an additional Holiday, so both sons came home for a Long Weekend.
time for baking:)
on friday:
 

 
the whole Family loves this streusel (=crumble) cake and it is made fast and easy:
 
 recipe:

for the dough melt (and cool down) 250g butter and add
200g sugar
1 pkg vanilla sugar
1 egg
1 pinch of salt
1 pkg baking powder
500g flour
mix all that with the dough hook to get streusel, spread and press down ¾ of it on a baking tray (with baking parchment) - save the rest for the finishing streusel (crumble).

for the filling:
mix 1kg curd (Quark)
1 pkg Custard powder/ powder for vanilla pudding (38g)
150g sugar
1 egg
Juice of  ½ Lemon
spread this on the dough and put the left over streusel (crumble) dough on top.
 
bake at 160° (circulating air) for 40 min
(half of the recipe makes a round cake pan;
in this case the eggs stay 1 for the dough and 1 for the filling)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
remember that scrap-stitching from last week?
i made another one, much smaller, which i will use as Cloth for my Drinks.
it will get stained with coffee mug rings, but that is what i´m looking for;)
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~
and i saw a Long tear in the trousers of son#2.
i asked him if i should repair - and he agreed.
first i wanted to make a really contrasting patch under it with some boro stitching, but he is always a Little contrarian ("I want to have it on top")... and then i stumbled over a fabric Piece from tim holtz in my stash (i normally would not buy this expensive stuff, but it had begged to me when i found it to my surprise in a shop in Augsburg, where i never would have expected to get this; i loved the pattern and bought half a meter)
well, that is what i did:


~~~~~~~~~~
next week there will be a break here again, as i am on a trip to copenhagen with 3 girlfriends.
we make a travel to a City each year, and i hope the weather will become better. it was cold and rainy the last days, but we had the "ice saints":
in some parts of europe we have a meterological effect in mid-may with increased likelihood of night frost, falling on the feast days of certain Saints thus jointly nicknamed "frost Saints" or the "ice Saints" (german: die eisheiligen)

18 comments:

  1. Love the patch for the jeans, but I'm not looking at that cake as I'm hungry, enjoy your trip next week. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous looking cake - I have a friend here who made that for us once ... lovely :-D
    Love your drinks mat and an excellent patch on the jeans - it looks so cool :-)
    I hope you have a great trip with your friends and that the weather gets better for you !! :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I think I need to try that cake. It looks delicious. I love seeing all these treats and the best part is no calories from looking. Happy T Day! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. I think I need to try that cake. It looks delicious. I love seeing all these treats and the best part is no calories from looking. Happy T Day! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that cake looks yummy! I would love to make that. But some words in the recipe need some clarification. Is 'streusel' crumbs? I am looking at the photo and it looks like crumble. And curd is another thing I don't know. Would quark be a substitute or cream cheese? or greek yoghurt? I am itching to make this delight.
    Yes, I remember the eisheiligen in Holland. Well, we had them in SDpain recently! We have just had two weeks of the most horrendous cold and stormy weather with lots of rain! I was already in t-shirts and sandals and had to get my winter clothes out of storage again! The rain was good for the land of course because we get very little rain, but it was a bit of a surprise!
    Happy T-Day!
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bei diesem leckeren Kuchen jetzt, merke ich, dass ich noch nicht gefrühstückt habe... ich liebe Plattenkuchen!
    Dein Sohn hat jetzt aber einem sehr stylischen Hintern, das Flickerl sieht spitze aus und passt auch farblich fantastisch!
    Da die kalte Sophie jetzt durch ist, solltest du eigentlich super Reisewetter bekommen, ich drück dir die Daumen.
    Beste Grüße von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just woke, and that streusel looks so good. I can't be tempted, though, because I'm trying to lose a few pounds I put on in the last month or so.

    The patch on those jeans is amazing. It is not just creative, but artistic, too.

    Your mug holder is beautiful. Just watch. Now that you WANT stains to appear on the cloth, your mugs will always be clean on the bottom.

    Have a super time next week in Copenhagen. I know you look forward to this, and I always enjoy the photos you share with us of food and drink when you return.

    Thanks for sharing your Whitson family time and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday. Still loving that slow sewing patch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely treat to have your sons home and that delicious looking cake to enjoy with them. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Love your mug holder and great job patching the jeans-it looks super! Wishing you a wonderful time in Copenhagen along with good weather. Happy T day too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting about weather and saints! Your sons must L♥ve being treated to Mutti's cooking and some TLC. That patch is super!
    Copenhagen = yippee for you...I will look forward to some photos.
    Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, the cake sounds (and looks!) delicious! Love the patch for your son's pants...great fabric, but I know what you mean about the expense of Tim Holtz products. ;) happy T/coffee day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cake looks yummy [delicious] thanks for the recipe. Its a great patch on the jeans as well. Happy Tuesday
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy looking cake and the patch job is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh very nice patching - masculine looking fabric and merges in colourwise with the trousers cloth.
    Love your art-cloth coffee mat and hope you get some pretty coffee stains (as you said you wanted some).
    Have a great City Break and I hope you will show us some photos and Copenhagen high-spots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The streusel looks yummy! I love the coffee holders - hope you get the look you are hoping for! What are an amazing patch - I will have to look at this on a bigger screen! Enjoy Copenhagen - somewhere else I would like to visit! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, thanks so much for your kind words on my blog.Love your cake. I'd love to try it.Enjoy your trip to Copenhagem.Take as many photos as you can. Copenhagem is delightful!Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Schade, dass ich jetzt von diesem Kuchen nicht abbeißen kann, wie herrlich wäre das! Die Jeans deines Sohne ist nun ein echtes Kunstwerk, genial!
    Liebe Grüße, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you repaired your son's trousers; they look terrific! He could start a trend ...
    Enjoy your trip to Copenhagen. You are the third person I know who is going there this week!
    P.S. I like your drinks cloth - such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber