social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, July 26, 2016

88 + ...

my Cup for this week´s post is made with a shibori sun printing,
because this is what i did most over the last days.
 
i think i have found "my" Color - one that is Close to indigo
(i´m not willing to make the "real" Indigo dyeing, at least not at this Point of my life).
so i´m using the silk paint from javana - navy blue no 8110 instead.
 
 
i wanted to make some "faux" shibori squares for some Patchwork to come (one day...).
 
 
i cut the White Cotton sheet first in squares of about 8,2 cm [3,25 Inch] (= 6cm plus seam allowance)
because it is easier to get good Patterns on smaller pieces - and they dry faster.
i dipped the squares into water first, squeezed them, soaked them in the diluted paint,
fished them out with tweezers and squeezed them again.
forming Little Cloth balls i let them dry for a few hours.


 
all in all it were 88 balls in the end, many of them here on the chair.
you might notice they became of lighter Color in the process of production, as the paint was thinned more and more by the water of my first soaking step...
(i started left upper side and layered them ClockWise...)
i should have added more paint along the making, but i like the graduation anyway.
 
 
it was fun ironing them...
like with cloud watching... you are seeking Pictures
 
 
finally i added a bit more of paint and made some other sun printing like last week, this time on Patchwork squares


now i have to iron them around my 6cm - cardbord square and baste them to make them ready for Patchwork.
and i will think about other Cloth to go along with them...


22 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun making your patchwork, nice results. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous, but the balls are the best. I am a HUGE fan of mottled, and these are simply terrific. I am truly impressed and in awe. I'd love to spend a day with you dyeing and rusting. what fun we would have!

    Thanks for sharing your faux indigo dyeing and your new "mug" with us for T this Tuesday, I want one just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous prints Johanna! I can tell how much you enjoy the process as much as the end result. Nice looking mug too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cup and those patchworks are fantastic. I used to do things like that many years ago and had a blast with it. Now my fabric stash sets in the basement and the sewing machine in the linen closet :(
    Happy T Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great results with your dying projects, the cup looks fantastic.
    happy T Day
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty results you got from your dye. I like indigo a lot and it must have been fun to unroll each ball and see the design that was produced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of fun Johanna.
    Your squares are little works of art and your sun prints are all super too.
    Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo cooool!!! Love the birds and crows at the end... Such clever ideas you share... Love the idea of working with small squares. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a lot of fun to do, and the results are gorgeous!!! I love Indigo anyway. You make me wish I liked to quilt. Like Carol....I have a stash of fabric, from old clothes and more than one sewing machine stashed away......LOL
    Who knows you may have caused a spark in me!
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ich seh dich förmlich vor mir beim Blaue-Stoffkugeln-Rollen... diese Batiktechnik sieht wirklich besonders aus. Auch hast du ein schönes Blau gefunden, und das Wetter kam deiner neuen Obsession ja richtig entgegen. Ich hab ja fast den Verdacht, dass du hier deine Arbeitsmaterialien für den Harz zusammenstellst...?!
    Ich kann's noch nicht zeigen, aber ich war auch die ganze letzte Woche fleißig.
    Lieben Gruß von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I like your shibori experimentation. That is a really nice color! I've done no dyeing this summer, haven't had the impetus, trying to use up some of the stash first. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those squares are great! I love them. The colour is perfect. Such a fun project.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!I love your mug! It was so interesting seeing your dyeing and the brilliant results! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The squares all look fascinating with the scrumple dyeing. It's always so fascinating to unwrap these when dry to see what treasure one can find, such as you show here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like a fun process, and a great idea for a patchwork. I can see that it would be fun ironing them, a little surprise as each is unfolded.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your posts always make me "ooh and ahh", lovely sun prints and so interesting too! Thanks for sharing and wishing you a Happy belated T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boah - geniale Ergebnisse in dieser Technik Johanna! Man sieht dass es Dir Spaß macht und das ist ja eine geniale Sommerarbeit !
    Ich wünsch Dir weiterhin viel Vergnügen und freu mich schon was da nich kommen wird!
    Lieben Gruß
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowww, was für tolle Ergebnisse. Das sieht nach einer Menge Spaß aus.
    Den Becher liebe ich auch sehr.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so enjoy visiting your blog, Johanna. I am loving seeing all your sun printing. It is just so creative and looks so good. You will have a wonderful patchwork piece. Can't wait to see it.
    Thanks for all your visits and lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hallo Johanna, was Du alles ausprobierst! Wahnsinn! Wie unendlich kreativ es aus Dir heraus sprudelst. Werde einfach bei Dir einziehen und mich berieseln lassen von Deinen unendlichen Möglichkeiten...LG Conny

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber