social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Monday, August 29, 2016

back to normal - a food-heavy post

mid August i was at a sewing retreat, where i finally could finish the Patchwork blanket i started in winter.
enough space to spread all the pieces i had prepared. i numbered them and sewed them together Piece by Piece.
 
 
the backing is a dark blue bedsheet,
 size is 135 x 200 cm.

 
at home i asked my son to hold it up to photograph it;
the three yellow signs on the photo below point at the pockets i embedded (taken from Shirts and an Overall), so i can hide secrets in the blanket;)

 
our annual retreat always is at the Schmelmer Hof in the alpine upland,
where we also are spoilt with wonderful meals...
here Gnocchi with oyster mushrooms (and a pils)


 
and Crème brûlée with Physalis for dessert

 
now, the week after the retreat
i had a lot of good Food in Berlin also
(theme for further posts, i haven´t sorted my photos yet)
 

 
honeyroasted goatcheese with walnuts, one of the Tapas we had at la orilla

 
of course max (son #2, who lives in Berlin) knew where to get "the best" ice cream

 
very good noodle soup with pork: "shoyu"
eaten in the japanese Restaurant cocolo ramen
~~~~~~~~~~~
i think i never ate so many different and tasty dish in such a short time period as i did in the last two weeks
 
so why not continue at home?
(well, with something traditional this time...)
i thought a yummy plum cake (with crumble) would be good for the Weekend and so i baked a tray (part of it went into the freezer of course...)
 
 
 
 
if you don´t understand any of the Terms, Leo.org will help you...
(or just ask and i will answer in the comment section).

24 comments:

  1. Wow, Johanna. What a wonderful post, filled to the brim with delicious looking food. Even if it didn't taste good (which I'm sure everything did), presentation alone would have turned my head.

    Your blanket turned out fantastic. I was very, very impressed and can understand why you would never be able to sell it. I can only imagine the number of hours you have in it, both hand sewing and surface design. I am certain you can be proud of it.

    Thanks for sharing some of the wonderful meals you had on holiday, as well as your lovely finished blanket with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention how good it was to have you back. You were missed, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY. You are making me hungry. The quilt came out fantastic too. I think you had a great time at your retreat. Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG food heaven!!! Your quilt is gorgeous(and thank your son for holding it up- I know how mine would feel:)
    Looks like a really wonderful time spent on holiday. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The finished Patchwork quilt looks great, have fun using it. The food all looks very good, glad you had fun. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, delicious looking food, it sounds like you had a great time. The quilt looks fantastic and it was a great idea to add the pockets.
    Happy T Day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, ist deine Decke schön geworden, absolute Spitze, ein Meisterwerk in Farben und Inhalten! Wirst du sie aufhängen oder kommt sie übers Bett?
    Ja, auf deine Berlinbilder bin ich auch schon gespannt, sicher kommt eine Menge StreetArt - hoffe ich doch sehr!
    Hhmm, lecker Zwetschgen-Datschi, gab es bei uns auch jedes Jahr - ich könnte mich reinsetzen!
    Übrigens gibt es bei meiner Mücke noch einen Nachtrag, sie ist ganz ungefährlich!
    Ganz lieben Gruß von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starting at the end with your Zwetchgen-Datschi YUM my tante's would L♥ve that.
    You have definitely made me hungry this morning liebe Johanna! Ice creams made with L♥ve how can you go wrong ;-)
    You must feel a real sense of accomplishment finishing your wonderful blanket. It looks GREAT.
    Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it looks like you had a great time on your travels! I love your quilt, the fabrics are wonderful and it made me smile that your son is behind there somewhere holding it up to be photographed, he did a fab job! The food looks so delicious, I would happily eat everything you have shown - maybe not all at once though ... lol :-). Wishing you a very happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pachwork is very similar to work of local art work done by women in rural areas
    Food is so inviting thak you for sharing your pleasures dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pachwork is very similar to work of local art work done by women in rural areas
    Food is so inviting thak you for sharing your pleasures dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow,ist die schön geworden...Ich bin sprachlos.Und bei dem Essen wäre ich sofort dabei...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow,ist die schön geworden...Ich bin sprachlos.Und bei dem Essen wäre ich sofort dabei...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blanket you sewed!!!! I also love the pocket idea!!! The granddaughters just moved to a new house so I will have to think about making them something like this for their new rooms. Lots of yummy looking food too and so happy you had a great visit with family ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Johanna! My mouth is watering and I already feel like I've gained 5 pounds just reading your post. Such wonderful dishes to have had. I would love to try the goat cheese with walnuts.....but wouldn't pass up any of the others either!
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the food looks absolutely fantastic (except for the pork, I'm vegetarian). The annual retreat sounds great, especially when you can take a project like all your lovely pieces to make into this really unusual and delightful quilt. It's turned out so well with all the fascinating pictures and the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blanket turned out so well. I'm very taken with the idea of pockets to hide things in. All the food is making me very hungry. Good thing supper is just about ready.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your quilt. Very unique pieces. Are some
    or all, pieces you've dyed or appliquéd? Delicious looking retreat food. A few years ago I bought some thrift store clothes, cut them up, and hand sewed a few small quilts. I included the pockets as well. I'll put some in my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Die Decke ist grandios - super.. und all das herrliche Essen... oh Du meine Güte!
    Sei lieb gegrüßt von
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! where to start? Your quilt looks incredible! Hmm! All this delicious looking food is making me feel hungry! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic blanket. I love how it turned out. Oh my! Like Chrisx said, but most of it's off my current menu, but I can drool anyway....xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilt turned out beautiful. Love that you included some pockets for treasures.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Boahhhhh, ist die Decke toll geworden!!! FANTASTISCH, bin total begeistert.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely love those hidden pockets on your quilt, Johanna. Such a clever idea.
    Your photos of your meals are making my mouth water. Gnocchi with mushrooms, goats cheese, just what I would choose ... not to mention the ice cream or you plum cake!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber