social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, September 06, 2016

fabric weaving - and a beautiful wedding

today i will start with my recent fabric work...
i took some of the fabrics i dyed in early august and
started some weaving (which i learnt from jude hill)
 






 
i already have plans what to do with them,
stay tuned...
 ~~~~~
well, my Intention was to go through my Berlin photos - but they have to wait.
the summer was at its best last week (which means for me: not too hot, around 24°/27° mostly, with one day of rain... good for the garden...)
the cat expresses my feelings very well

(never will he Show his FACE in the photos voluntarily)
 
and at the Weekend (one day after our 34th own anniversary) we were at the wedding of one of our nephews.
meanwhile he lives in Austria, so the celebration also was there,
in Vorarlberg, a wonderful Region for touristic purposes as well in winter as in summer.
see why:
 



 
wouldn´t you call this idyllic?
(and what luck we all had with the weather!)
the wedding church was halfway up the mountain in bürserberg/matin,
a Little village in the alps

 
the Pastor was one of the relatives of the groom,
so the celebration was very personal.
i thought it was cute to get a tissue "for tears of joy"
laying on the benches of the church;)
 
 
going outside the bridesmaids distributed small Soap bubble tubes to everyone,
so instead of throwing rice everybody blew bubbles when the couple left the church.
 
(i normally don´t post Pictures of People here, but first: you would not recognize them here well because of the bubbles, and second: i´m sure many photos of them are out on Facebook etc)
 
 
the rest of  the celebration took place on the rufana alp,
where we could take the last step by this Little shuttle Train
(i think there were about one hundred guests, so it had to go several times)
- the sportive People also could decide to walk...
 
 
on the fingerpost there they showed where all the guests came from...
farest Destination was Seattle, WA (my brother-in-law, also uncle of the groom) -
8548 km = 5311 miles

 
in the afternoon 99 balloons with good wishes were sent into the air:

 
and when it became chilly in the early evening we gathered inside
 
 
 
the Lebkuchen (ginger bread) heart says: "nice to have you here"

 
and the meal (Roastbeef with mushroom Risotto and Broccoli) was delicious
(but actually i kept away from alcohol in the later evening and preferred water, as i was afraid what my stomach would say to the serpentines down the mountain...)

20 comments:

  1. Toll die gewebten Stoffe.. bin gespannt ob Du vielleicht Kissen nähst damit!
    Eine phänomenale Hochzeit - Fantastisch!
    Happy T-Day !
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viel Spaß mit Weben, und tolle Fotos von der Hochzeit, das Essen sieht wunderbar aus. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The woven fabric looks beautiful and I look forward to seeing the next stage. Beautiful photos of the wedding, it looks to have been a very special day.
    Happy T Day
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedding looks like it was beautiful. What a gorgeous place it was held. And It looks like they had good food too! Loving the weaving. What great idea, I never thought of that. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding looks like it was beautiful. What a gorgeous place it was held. And It looks like they had good food too! Loving the weaving. What great idea, I never thought of that. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in awe of the woven fabric. You took such pains and care with making sure it was exactly woven perfectly. I was super impressed. And of course, I always am impressed with your dye jobs!

    It's amazing what weddings in different lands are like. I was most impressed with the tears of joy tissues, something I've never seen in the US. And that church was incredible, as was the sign showing where everyone was from.

    Even though I'm a vegetarian, that meal looked wonderful. And you can never go wrong with water, whether you are waiting to go down a mountain after the meal or not!

    Thanks for sharing your fabric and that incredible wedding with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and such a cute kitty. :-)
    Your fabric weaving is lovely. I am glad you had some good weather and enjoyed the wedding :-)

    Hugz

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. your woven fabric pieces look so inviting and cozy. Happy anniversary!! And how wonderful to be part of a beautiful wedding -in, yes an idyllic village. Just charming, as is your happy kitty. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful woven fabric pieces already Johanna. I bet you DO have plans for them!
    What an idyllic setting for the wedding. Thank you for sharing some photos and it was nice to see the bride and groom even with a bubble 'mask' *gg*
    So now I have to go back and click on your photos for another look.
    Happy T Day to you oxo
    p.s. That temperature is my idea of perfect too especially with low humidity. Cute kitty kat a feline of mystery hah

    ReplyDelete
  10. That setting _is_ idyllic! I can see why it would be popular with tourists. My congratulations to the happy couple and best wishes for a joyous life together :) Happy T Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat Johanna! Thank you so much for sharing all those lovely photos with us... I love you r fabric weaving . Especially the colors in the first one! Happy happy Tday!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos my friend.I love your fabric weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fabric weaving is beautiful, now do you stitch it down? I find this to be a fascinating way to quilt.

    What a wonderful wedding celebration, and the area is just breath taking. Thanks for sharing all the photos.

    Happy T-day and thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The weaving is a great idea, along with your dyed
    fabric. The effect is wonderful. I especially like the third one, the blue with the very subtle rust color. The Austrian scenes are definitely idyllic. So peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all those lovely touches at the wedding! Bubbles seem to be popular instead of confetti these days! The scenery looks fabulous! We went by train from Geneva through Austria to Budapest a few years ago and really enjoyed seeing the changes in the terrain! Your woven fabric is looking great! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderfully dyed and woven fabric, I can't wait to see what you do with them :-). Oh my, what a spectacular wedding! The setting is perfect and all those little touches of detail make the day so so special :-). I love the bubble photo, it's so magical and romantic! Thank you for sharing such a marvellous day and wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, tolle Stoffe sind das bis jetzt. Bin auf das Endergebnis gespannt.
    Tolle Fotos von der Hochzeit. Sieht wirklich nach einer tollen Feier aus.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  18. Das war ja wohl eine Bilderbuchhochzeit vor dieser romantischen Bergkulisse... herrlich die Wegweiser!
    Aus deinen verwebten Stoffen wird doch sicher wieder eine Decke entstehen, das könnte ich mir richtig gut vorstellen, sie wird dann auch gut schwer, weil die Stoffe ja doppelt liegen.
    Wenn das schöne Wetter so anhält, wirst du sicher im Garten nähen können.
    Vor lauter Terminen derzeit komme ich selbst zu nichts Kreativem mehr, aber meine Termine sind erfreulicher, als deiner mit den Zähnen! Alles Gute dafür!
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, I feel as if I have read a whole blog, not just one blogpost. What a great time you have had since my last visit.
    The wedding looks idyllic indeed like something from a glossy magazine. Austria looks marvellous, and imagine taking the little train to the celebrations.
    As for Mr. Cat, I have had great success with sheep - I say "smile for the birdie, you'll be on the blog" and they are all very keen to pose for International fame, showing their best side. Of course, what works for sheep may not work for cats (cats have their own ideas), but it's worth a try.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your weaving pieces, what will happen next, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It does indeed look an idyllic setting for a wedding - it loos a glorious occasion (I love the idea of using bubbles instead of confetti).
    I am in awe of your woven, dyed pieces. I can't wait to see what your plans are for them ...

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber